Yesterday, I purchased an Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer from my local Guitar Center.
Now, I am trying to figure out how to use the pedal. I play classic rock, blues, hard rock, and metal and any thing else I can get my hands on.

This pedal is mainly for the first three genres I mentioned.

I want to get that screaming, hot, crunchy, bluesy kind of sound, but all im getting is a warm and not very crunchy sound. It doesn't have much bite, I have to max out the tone for a nice trebley sound.

It's not screaming its just well... rasing its voice

Please help

here is my setup.... guitar > Boss DS-1 Distortion > TS9 > Dunlop 535 Q Wah> Kustom 35 DFX

here are some sound bytes of what i want 2 have it sound relatively like

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS9-Tube-Screamer-Effects-Pedal-Original-Reissue?sku=150284

listen to the five mp3s around the middle of the page

2,3,5 are my favorites, i love that tone

please tell me what settings to put on, what to set my amp to, amp "gain" on or off, etc.

your help would be greatly appreciated... Have a nice day
You're not gonna' get them sounds without a valve amp. Tubescreamers are designed to push valve amps over the edge, buy making the valves work harder, your amp isn't a valve amp, and overdrives don't work too well with SS amps.

Try it at half way gain, and tone and level wherever.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah my ds-1 gives tons of crunch but i want the TS9 for the blues stuff and the mellow stuff but

lately i have found if i leave me ds-1 on about halfway drive and the TS9 on full i get some of the sound i want...

but i think i might return the TS9
The ts9 on its own won't give you much screaming lead. Put it after the ds1 and turn both of them on.
Read my post. Not this.
Try maxing the gain, putting the tone straight up and down, and level to boost amps clean tone (louder than amps volume alone) those are my settings usually, although i have a tube amps so....
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Hhah, tubescreamers NEED tubeamps
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!