Page 1 of 442
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
As we seem to have a ton of these every week the same way we used to have a load of A7X threads.

So anything about Trivium goes in here.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
tushmeister
Just uh, one more thing..
924 IQ
haha
may aswell post here

just to say
i love trivium. damn pissed i couldnt see em live here in Cardiff and cant in march either =[[[

and im also pissed bout all these people making them a trend, i liked them a few years ago, my mate gets some free stickers with their name and everyone asked me who they were, since then everyons loves em for the sake of fitting in...but i suppose so long as i like em its ok for me haha

Tushy
anta
ant
10 IQ
i still think Asendancy is better than any of their early work though (even though i love their first album).
fade2black2004
Metal Rhythm
780 IQ
ive just now recently heard trivium and they are ****ing amazing, i cant wait to pick up some of the earlier ****. hopefully im going to see them while their on tour with in flames
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Crate FXT120 (i think it kicks ass personally)
Core X2 Cables
DR String (heavy)
Clayton bass picks
DOD Death Metal Distortion

Official Member Of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
Milligram Smile
UG Bum
153 IQ
I got to see them at Ozzfest and they were amazing, the music is amazing and they were one of the only bands that really could get the crowd to react the way they wanted....Matt at one point just yelled circle up and all of a sudden a huge mosh started it was crazy
Quote by Encore_God
The School of Blues is the same place as the University of Life, friend.

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Stratocaster
Crate GTX212
Smokey Amp
Run.Stop.Fierce.
1,077 IQ
I bought Ascendancy about 2 weeks ago. I love Trivium's guitar work, it's aweosme, especially for a Modern metal band, which made me wanna buy the album. But, I can't ****in' stand the screaming. This album would be so much better if there were no vocals whatsoever, aside form the choruses, 'cause they're pretty good, IMO.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
jmag
Karma's Messenger
241 IQ
^ I think their vocals are some of the best around, it's screaming in which you understand the vocals. it's awesome. as a matter of fact, they're awesome, I got ascendancy recently and it's utterly kickass.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Witch-king
Dio
790 IQ
Ok my knowledge of metal and hadcore is very limited, so does anyone wanna tell me why Trivium aren't concidered Metal?

804 IQ
I saw them in DC withe CoB and Amon Amarth. It rocked.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
Independent27
83 IQ
Quote by Witch-king
Ok my knowledge of metal and hadcore is very limited, so does anyone wanna tell me why Trivium aren't concidered Metal?

Vocals and lyrical content I think. I haven't listened to them in awhile.
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Vocals, lyrics, riffage... if you took the solos out, Trivium would be exactly the same as every other metalcore band.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
lizzip
UG to you to!
222 IQ
trivium at download/ozzfest flucking rocked

soooooooooo goood
Lizzip lyon
scott24
UG Newbie
68 IQ
I bought Ascendancy and got Ember To Inferno a while ago, but is there any other stuff?
Quote by DreadLord-IoN
What happens if i dont wank for 4 months then wank ? will i ejaculate like 4 liters of sperm?

You know you want to visit Scourges forum. PM Scourge for info.
rockfan
The Almighty Cornholio
87 IQ
I got to see them at Ozzfest back in September....personally i thought they were the best band on second stage and i think they are one of the most talented bands out today, after they played i got to meet them and got their autographs.....really nice dudes too. Ascendancy was ****in awesome IMO the best album of the year.
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world, these are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives, all this i cannot bear to witness any longer, cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home? " - Cliff Burton (R.I.P)
omentremor
www.sickmerchprinting.com
210 IQ
They are completely intense the solos, riffage, vocals all have ridiculous skill and writing in them. Matt completely deserved his spot in Roadrunner United.
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,352 IQ
Quote by Independent27
Vocals and lyrical content I think. I haven't listened to them in awhile.

To be honest I think theyr more metal than "core".
But the vocals arent very metal, I must agree.

And the lyrics dont define genres......

If Sepultura started singing about girls they met in fairy lands, would you call them pop?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
16kramer05
The...
242 IQ
Ive looked in every music store around where I live (near Vancouver BC Canada) and I can't find their CD. Its udderly ridiculous, Does anyone know why they dont ship up here??
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
snave2008
PAUL REED SMITH GUITARS
248 IQ
Trivium Kick Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Quote by 16kramer05
Ive looked in every music store around where I live (near Vancouver BC Canada) and I can't find their CD. Its udderly ridiculous, Does anyone know why they dont ship up here??

That's odd, especially since they're media whores.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
morello_man
232 IQ
I'm guessing the screaming makes them core. There aren't any real breakdowns as such. But yes, they are very good and Ascendancy is amazing.
Quote by snave2008
i sir totally agree with every word you just said .
universalrocker
I smelled a block of hash
42 IQ
One word or maybe a few Amazing,talented,crazy and their amazing riffage gives me a break from some of the s****y Christmas music that my little sister is obsessed with!!! Hope to see them in Dublin in March with God Forbid supporting!
There's nothing worse for an Irish person than an American claiming that he/she is actually Irish without any conclusive evidence!Stick to your own nationality!
Quote by conceptne
Grab his balls and his heart and mind will follow.

do this ladies...please?
TimePheonix
Frozen Flame
270 IQ
Quote by timi_hendrix
Overrated.

Why the hell post in this thread if you dont like them? They are one of the best bands out there!

Quote by snave2008
Trivium Kick Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
He said that they were overrated, not that he didn't like them.

Music nazi.
Quote by HuckIt
slashwyldepage
UG's Opinionated Asshole
359 IQ
gross

trivium=barf time
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
styphon4
15 IQ
i like trivium and im going to see them, but i cant't help but think there screamy voiced vocals could be substituted for some normal singing. i can stand it but i think it would be better. There guitar and drums are amazing and they are definitely a good band.
Tarzan_man
603 IQ
Quote by universalrocker
One word or maybe a few Amazing,talented,crazy and their amazing riffage gives me a break from some of the s****y Christmas music that my little sister is obsessed with!!! Hope to see them in Dublin in March with God Forbid supporting!

Dude, Going to the Same show! Boo Ya!
Independent27
83 IQ
Quote by duncang
To be honest I think theyr more metal than "core".
But the vocals arent very metal, I must agree.

And the lyrics dont define genres......

If Sepultura started singing about girls they met in fairy lands, would you call them pop?

But you also don't see Clay Aiken singing about burning churches and stuff.
styphon4
15 IQ
anyone going to see trivium at lea's cliff hall in march? if so do you know who is back uping
benchiefjr
UG's Metalcore Guitarist
217 IQ
Quote by Independent27
But you also don't see Clay Aiken singing about burning churches and stuff.

psh...I dont know what you've been listening to, Clay Aiken is GRIMMMM!!!!

EDIT : O yeah, in the new Revolver they have a preview of "The Crusade," which will be the name of Trivium's new album, and Heafy says they have heavier songs than on Ascendancy, but they also have a song that sounds like Skid Row/Motley Crue...sounds interesting, Skid Row pwned.
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Last edited by benchiefjr at Dec 26, 2005,
stonedkirby
Hardcore/metal lover
706 IQ
i love trivium , Ascendancy was the high point of my life lol...Pulling harder on the strings of your marytr is one of the best songs ever...it has the most playz in my itunes library in the period of about 8 months..it just...dominates...i dont really care much for ember to inferno , ascendancy just appeals to me more...but yeah Trivium became my favorite band almost instantly and i would have seen them in NYC but i didnt get my tickets in time...rats...but yeah , dont hesistate to give them a listen if you havent already you wont be dissapointerd
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Medium head

Ibanez RG1570 Black with Green Dimarzios (For Sale)
Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/59)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff
DOD Death metal
Cry baby Wah
fade2black2004
Metal Rhythm
780 IQ
Quote by benchiefjr
psh...I dont know what you've been listening to, Clay Aiken is GRIMMMM!!!!

EDIT : O yeah, in the new Revolver they have a preview of "The Crusade," which will be the name of Trivium's new album, and Heafy says they have heavier songs than on Ascendancy, but they also have a song that sounds like Skid Row/Motley Crue...sounds interesting, Skid Row pwned.

when does that issue come out?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Core X2 Cables
DR String (heavy)
Clayton bass picks

benchiefjr
UG's Metalcore Guitarist
217 IQ
its out now, pantera's on the cover
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
fade2black2004
Metal Rhythm
780 IQ
o ok when you said preview i thought maybe they had a track off it, i read the article already
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Core X2 Cables
DR String (heavy)
Clayton bass picks

TheSlayer
War For territory
10 IQ
Quote by Witch-king

Because of the melodic choruses. I think Trivium's génre is thrash metalcore. They're a metalcore band but with a thrash influence.

Anyone seeing Trivium at Cardiff on the 17th march? Oh

Oh yeah what's all this about Heafy losing his voice? It's not true is it?
Dotpunker89
Always lurking.
1,104 IQ
Hey guys check myspace is on my sig. Has somethings about trivium.
blueeleguitar
UG's Tromboner
580 IQ
there ok, growing on me i didnt used to like them but i kinda do now. I think Matt is very talented and same with the rest of the band.
Current playing with:
Cort x-6 -->Laney HCM65R

On Zakk Wylde's guitar.
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Quote by Joey Walker
Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps
Dotpunker89
Always lurking.
1,104 IQ
Quote by LedZeppelin
Well, that sounded like crap.

Dude you dont got anything better to do than flame them. I mean if you dont like em just stay away from this thread.