Page 3 of 442
a video for dying in your arms??? not cool by far my least favorite song by them..

has ne one seen the pantera covers by them at triviumworld.com...if u havent ull def wanna check um out
ThEAnswerS41
Quote by trivial
Trivium ****ing rock. they are mental. went to see them at rock city in sept and am seeing them agin in march. they had the biggest mosh pit i think i've ver seen at a gig. the drumer is mental how can he play so fast. anywho. that's about it.
Kat

I was there.
Hm...Trivium are ace...I heard "Pull harder on the strings of your martyr" first, and I just wanted to buy the album!
Ok, so they scream... BUT...Don't hear people slagging 50 Cent off, as he only talks to the mic (sorry if it isn't your opinion, but it is mine.) this is just the opposite, and it has emotion/tones to it!
Solo's ace... If I didn't play bass, I would play guitar... Riffs are good, and I have never got tired of listening to the album...
Like Light to flies/Dying in your arms, are prob. my fave songs.

Edit: Typographical spelling mistakes.
Trivium got very boring quickly, it sounds like a lot of other stuff and all the latter songs on the album all basically sound exactly the same as each other

The whole 'next Metallica' thing is a stupid pile of arrogant bull****, if they plan to emulate that kind of sucess then they should pull their heads out of their asses and learn to sound interesting

/rant
Last edited by GiantRaven at Jan 18, 2006,
I think they're too arrogant, I read an interview where Matt Heafy said
"Its' hard to shred on a Les Paul, so if you can you're more hardcore"
not only is he therefore making himself sound "harcore" but he's talkign ****..its' quite easy to shred on a Les Paul..damn ****tard.

Also all their songs sound similar in terms of the ****ing over use of triplets and double-bass...maybe if they learnt how to use their technique and palying ability to suit a more melodic and varying sound they could be bigger and better.

In terms of their hype..the whole next Metallica thing is absolute bull****, Trivium won't ever emulate that kind of success and fan base.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
I think they're too arrogant, I read an interview where Matt Heafy said
"Its' hard to shred on a Les Paul, so if you can you're more hardcore"
not only is he therefore making himself sound "harcore" but he's talkign ****..its' quite easy to shred on a Les Paul..damn ****tard.

Also all their songs sound similar in terms of the ****ing over use of triplets and double-bass...maybe if they learnt how to use their technique and palying ability to suit a more melodic and varying sound they could be bigger and better.

In terms of their hype..the whole next Metallica thing is absolute bull****, Trivium won't ever emulate that kind of success and fan base.

I don't know if anyone told you, but some people like to joke in their interviews so re-****in-lax
Quote by The Virtuoso
^ I don't think there is one yet. Trivium are a great band, but I think in the live shows matt should focus more on singing are playing instead of playing to the crowd, and I think he shoud start singing the chourus ( I'm watching the ozzfest gunshot... live and i pisses me off that he doesn't sing the chourus, but they still kick a$$.

Have talent and work the crowd and you'll definately get big.
TRVIUM ROCK HARD. There the band that made me heavy, because I went to see them live when they were on the Arch Enemy tour in Germany at Osnabruck. It was ****ing insane, there where on about 15 of us Brits and about 15 germans moshing like a mother****er to Trivium, and about 50 Germans just stood there watching. The when Arch Enemy come suddenly 500 poelpe come and start moshing it was ****ing mad. And it only cost 20 euros
i disliked hte fact they didnt sing as much when i went to their concert... and their sound was off you couldnt hear much guitar in teh means of soloing.
No he neve sings. he can't sing live - If you donwload it at the Metal Hammer awards (Pull Harder) he tries to in the last chorus but ends up shouting monotone! Also when I went to see them the guitar broke in Dying In Your Arms!
Trivium rox, im leaving in a hour to see them live in San Fran. so hyped >.<, also saw them on Ozzfest last summer
Goin 2 ozzfest finally
Quote by 16kramer05
Ive looked in every music store around where I live (near Vancouver BC Canada) and I can't find their CD. Its udderly ridiculous, Does anyone know why they dont ship up here??

They have Ascendancy out here near Ottawa, but i cant find Ember To Inferno
Quote by pentagram_man63
OR, if youre REALLY hardcore, you can try DROP C!!!!!!!!!!! TEH R0XXXX0RRRZZ!!!!!!!1111ONEONE!!!!111

I Need A Better Sig
Quote by Gomorrah
Shut up.

The bass was to loud, I could like, actually hear it.

Whats wrong with being able to hear the bass dip****? You ****ing pussy if you can hear the bass thats a good thing. Youre one of those ****ing simple-minded tr00 metal heads that lives with his mom and still pretends to be hardcore. **** off
Quote by pentagram_man63
OR, if youre REALLY hardcore, you can try DROP C!!!!!!!!!!! TEH R0XXXX0RRRZZ!!!!!!!1111ONEONE!!!!111

I Need A Better Sig
Quote by ChimyChonga Man
Whats wrong with being able to hear the bass dip****? You ****ing pussy if you can hear the bass thats a good thing. Youre one of those ****ing simple-minded tr00 metal heads that lives with his mom and still pretends to be hardcore. **** off

Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by TheSlayer
Has Matt ever song Pull harder live when HE sings the chorus? I've seen about 10 videos of it live and he never sings the pull harder strings martyr bit

Check them out on Launch, Yahoo's live performance, he sang the chorus part.
Quote by phlowtron23
Check them out on Launch, Yahoo's live performance, he sang the chorus part.

That's because there's no crowd to sing the chorus with. I don't think the recording crew would want to sing along.
I've hears that that the new album will consist of less of the screaming. It can only get better.
Would anyone know where i could find a video of Trivium playin "Ascendancy" live?
Quote by donender
Yngwie is hiding in your fridge right now unleashing the foken' fury on that left over chicken.
I've seen Trivium a few times live, and they were alright. They really can get the crowd goin, especialy with "Rain" and "Pull Harder..."

Me and my friends were like "Hey dudes you rock!" as they were walking past us to go on stage to open for In Flames, and Matt and Corey just gave us this really dirty look. What an asshat
anyone else got tickets for the "Asend above the Ashes 06 tour"?
Im going to the 2nd March gig at the Refectory in Leeds and cant wait. The 2 support bands are awsome too - if yourve never heard of God Forbid and Bloodsimple you should check em out!
I'm gonna see them in Rochester, NY this wednesday. In Flames, Devildriver, and Zao are gonna be there
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by ss311
I've hears that that the new album will consist of less of the screaming. It can only get better.

Are u being sarcastic?
If not i think you are wrong cos the crooning choruses sometimes got under my skin.
Then again in saying that the melodic singing during the choruses did build a contrast which i thought was excellent.
This i s a clip of them playing master of puppets.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=87454408010452970&q=master+of+puppets+trivium
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Last edited by soccermom at Feb 17, 2006,
Quote by atomic_llama
anyone else got tickets for the "Asend above the Ashes 06 tour"?
Im going to the 2nd March gig at the Refectory in Leeds and cant wait. The 2 support bands are awsome too - if yourve never heard of God Forbid and Bloodsimple you should check em out!

I'm going to cardiff, can't wait gonna be class. Well looking forward to God Forbid! Bloodsimple should get the crowd going well, i like they're soun it's original. Hopefully Trivium will open with 'Rain'.
I don't know if I read wrong, but on their website (home page) it said the Crusades came out on the 15 of this month? Is this true?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by TheSlayer
^^Hmm i'm not sure that's true (about the less screaming). It's meant to be abit epic but still really metal. They've been listening to Iced Earth and slayer apparently...

Epic as in power metal epic? or With like 10 minute songs full of proggy instrumentals.
The both do hold john pettruci's intellengent shred method highly and regard him somewhat as a guitar hero. And dream theater were most definantly prog. With a title like the crusades.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Epic as in power metal epic? or With like 10 minute songs full of proggy instrumentals.
The both do hold john pettruci's intellengent shred method highly and regard him somewhat as a guitar hero. And dream theater were most definantly prog. With a title like the crusades.

It'll still be metal core and have a thrash influence. But the chorus's will probably just be more melodic.
They're talented guys for sure.
Matt's only 18 and the rest of the guys are barely older.
trivium are THE ultimate. i got in on pull harder, got ascendancy then ember to inferno and they are amazing!

i can play pull harder and a bit of gunshot

their screaming is a lot better on ascendancy
Yh if they are 18 then when they recoreded the old album he must have been about 16/17 two years older then me. So i would be preety cocky too if i could play that well.
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.
Did anyone see them at the cool haus yesterday? or in fact any other show they played wiht in flames... i went and it was amazing, much better than when they played with bodom