Page 4 of 442
yea i think matt heafy's playing really compliments corey's leads
who are you to wave your finger......
Yes! I'm seeing Trivium again at Nottm Rock City, just got tickets off ebay. And then I'm gonna see 'em AGAIN at download. Can't wait!
where is the download festival held at?
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
Back to the conversation concerning the crusade, there was an interview with Matt in total guitar and he said that the vocals would change to a low rasp mostly. He also regrets doing some of those clean choruses because he can't reach the notes live...
THe screaming just irritates me a bit after too much. I see the choruses as breaks. I must admit that I agree that the contrasting vocals are effective, but maybe a bit less would do
Today I realsised that I want more of the screaming. I take back my cheap shot at it.

I agree with you Slayer
Quote by TheSlayer
Matt Heafy is 20 years old not 18. He was 19 when they recorded and released Ascendancy.

What about the Ember to Inferno
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Words cannot describe how much of a waste of time those videos were...

I agree.

EDIT: Nice sig, BTW.
Firstly the second was crap beyond imagination and the first was bad. There is much better ones.
Secondly, i like Trivium and what is it with all these google videos taking the mick of Heafys screaming/lyrics?
Quote by DreadLord-IoN
What happens if i dont wank for 4 months then wank ? will i ejaculate like 4 liters of sperm?

You know you want to visit Scourges forum. PM Scourge for info.
Quote by scott24
Firstly the second was crap beyond imagination and the first was bad. There is much better ones.
Secondly, i like Trivium and what is it with all these google videos taking the mick of Heafys screaming/lyrics?

what? rephrase this please, idk what youre asking
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Last Night Trivium and God Forbid really did something special up on the stage. It was a great gig.

God Forbid did great perfromances of the stuff from their album (a must buy imo) and Trivium had a great line up with the highlights being Suffocating sight and Dying in your arms + pull harder on the strings of your martyr where they got the whole crowd chanting the songs with them.

There was an act on first that i didnt catch the name of. It was something like "ed stone"?
If anyone knows who it was please tell me because their performance definatly deserved me checking out thier album.
Last edited by atomic_llama at Mar 3, 2006,
Quote by atomic_llama
Last Night Trivium and God Forbid really did something special up on the stage. It was a great gig.

God Forbid did great perfromances of the stuff from their album (a must buy imo) and Trivium had a great line up with the highlights being Suffocating sight and Dying in your arms + pull harder on the strings of your martyr where they got the whole crowd chanting the songs with them.

There was an act on first that i didnt catch the name of. It was something like "ed stone"?
If anyone knows who it was please tell me because their performance definatly deserved me checking out thier album.

I believe the other supporting act on the first ten dates are 'Mended' who are extreemly good. I saw them supporting Sevenfold. Anyway what was Trivium's set? And if you know God forbids aswell?

I'm seeing them on the 17th in Cardiff!
Quote by benchiefjr
what? rephrase this please, idk what youre asking

I think he means when he says:
Whats with all this websites taking the mick out of matts screaming/lyircs?
is
Why is everbody taking the piss out of matts lyrics
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by TheSlayer
I believe the other supporting act on the first ten dates are 'Mended' who are extreemly good. I saw them supporting Sevenfold. Anyway what was Trivium's set? And if you know God forbids aswell?

I'm seeing them on the 17th in Cardiff!

Trivium: All of asendancy album except Asendancy and departure
got Ashes, To Burn the Eye, and Requiem from EtI
Also couple of covers including Sweet Home Alabama!

God Forbid:
End of the World
Chains of Humanity
To the Fallen hero
Lonely Dead
and couple others
Quote by atomic_llama
Trivium: All of asendancy album except Asendancy and departure
got Ashes, To Burn the Eye, and Requiem from EtI
Also couple of covers including Sweet Home Alabama!

God Forbid:
End of the World
Chains of Humanity
To the Fallen hero
Lonely Dead
and couple others

did they cover walk? And what was the opening song?
Last edited by TheSlayer at Mar 5, 2006,
End of everything over the speakers as the took the stage - then burst into Like Light to the Flies

That sent the crowd mental
Quote by the bartender
^ this man knows his stuff.
im seeing trivium this sat on the 11th of march at nottingham rock city innit!
satch boogie
Im seeing Trivium on Thursday at the Astoria. Anyone got any ideas as to when it will finish coz I need to plan trains etc. Doors open at 7 and there are 2 support bands. Im guessing Trivium will come on at 9 and play till 11, but thats just based on when I saw Green Day at the Apollo.....
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
yeah
i think in britain theres a fire curfew of 11
gigs MUST stop at 11
maybe its not national
but its never been different at any gig with over a thousand people that ive been too

Tushy
well last night i went watchin trivium at the manchester apollo

mendeed and god forbid supported them

trivium opened with like light to flies, then played Rain, and then i think it was Suffocating Sight.....

they then played a couple of songs from their first album, and a "previously unreleased track available on the rerelease of Ascendancy"

they also played a cut down version of walk - pantera aswell which was awesome....

matt n corey then had a guitar duel for about 5 minutes - taking turns to solo

right near the end of the set corey blew his amp, so they went off for a couple of minutes n then matt came and pissed about playin a few songs...he played

the intro to when i come around - greenday
the intro to dammit- blink 182

a chorus of sweet home alabama

then they matt travis and paolo played a couple of verses of seek and destroy

played another pantera song. cant remember what though

me and my m8s were all screaming for them to play master of puppets, and then matt asked if anybody knew all the lyrics to it....he then pulled up 2 guys on stage to sing it...they waited for a bit for corey to sort his amp, but it wouldnt work, so matt told the sound guy to put him through both sides and then they played master of puppets with the 2 guys singin, it was pretty awesome...

coreys amp was still not working for the last song they played - pull harder on the strings of your martyr, so he just ran around on stage with a beer singing random bits.

it was one hell of gig i can tell you that...i was second row from the front - fuckin awesome
Those poeple who went up hardly knew the lyrics! BTW the oter pantera song they plated was I'm Broken, It sounded pretty good.
For those of you who constantly insult Matt's vocals,especially his screaming he is always improving.If any of you have listened to Ember To Enferno and then Acendency you would realise how much he worked on them!!!Ember...isn't a bad album by any means(it's very good in fact)but some of his vocals were dodgy.Now he can hold his notes really well and it's quite obvious from both albums that he is a kick-ass guitarist!!!

Trivium ROCK!!Rock on Matt,Corey,Travis and Paolo!!!
There's nothing worse for an Irish person than an American claiming that he/she is actually Irish without any conclusive evidence!Stick to your own nationality!
Quote by conceptne
Grab his balls and his heart and mind will follow.

do this ladies...please?
Quote by Witch-king
Ok my knowledge of metal and hadcore is very limited, so does anyone wanna tell me why Trivium aren't concidered Metal?

Trivium are fukin metal and they have always said they hate hardcore
But trivium are fukin great also and a got to see em last week
Im really anoyed because my auntis going to see iron maiden ans there being supported by trivium, MY 2 FAV BANDS!!!!
ahhh i just saw Trivium last night, it was soooo damn good, just gotta get my ticket for the Trivium/Iron maiden gig at earls court soon
Saw Trivium in London last night (16th). ****ing amazing.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
went to see trivium in glasgow 2 weeks ago and i just bought tikets to maiden trivium woo
well last night i went watchin trivium at the manchester apollo

mendeed and god forbid supported them

trivium opened with like light to flies, then played Rain, and then i think it was Suffocating Sight.....

they then played a couple of songs from their first album, and a "previously unreleased track available on the rerelease of Ascendancy"

they also played a cut down version of walk - pantera aswell which was awesome....

matt n corey then had a guitar duel for about 5 minutes - taking turns to solo

right near the end of the set corey blew his amp, so they went off for a couple of minutes n then matt came and pissed about playin a few songs...he played

the intro to when i come around - greenday
the intro to dammit- blink 182

ckin awesome
Wait.. Heafy played stuff from greenday and blink 182??? Im ****ing confused
yea they played blink and green day covers at the astoria as well, but they made up for it by playing seek and destroy and the trooper
i love Trivium! if i could go to any concert it would be to see them. they're ****in' awesome.
Last edited by Dark Meg at Mar 19, 2006,