Yeah, still talking about the Pixies one, but I mean the version that was on the "Pump up the Volume" soundtrack. Has anyone else here heard it? It's much slower than the album version, but I actually like it better. The slowness, reverb and use of the tremolo give it a more surf-ish feeling that I think fits the song better than the album version.
Has anyone else heard it, and if so, what do you think of it (compared to the Doolittle version)?
I think I heard it live, when I watched them on Austin City Limits. I personally prefer the Doolittle version.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I think I heard it live, when I watched them on Austin City Limits. I personally prefer the Doolittle version.

I don't know, live versions sometimes aren't all that great. What I love so much about this different version is the production of it... so not to sound like a dick, but you technically haven't heard which one I'm talking about. If you've heard the different studio take, maybe you'd think differently.
But I don't want to sound like an ass, and an opinion's an opinion, so I respect that.
Yeah, of course. On ACL though, it did sound really nice. I'm not bashing it at all. I prefer the fast pace. Nothing bad about the song live though.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Yeah, of course. On ACL though, it did sound really nice. I'm not bashing it at all. I prefer the fast pace. Nothing bad about the song live though.

Yeah, the fast pace is definitely a plus about the other one. That's why it's so hard to choose which one's better; I like them both for different reasons. The PUTV soundtrack version has a much better atmosphere, but the Doolittle version fits the mood of the album better.
ya its called the "uk surf" version on the pixies sell out dvd...

i agree with the thread starter i like it more than the doolittle version, although i love both....
Oh yeah, I forgot about the DVD, I have that. I'm gonna watch it again.

Anyone think that their "In Heaven" is no where near as good as the original (from Eraserhead)?
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jul 8, 2006,
Yeah, pick up the Pixies B-side album, it's on there, and I like how you pointed out its got a surf-ish vibe and its named the UK surf version, good stuff.

I thought it should have been on Doolittle myself.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

Anyone think that their "In Heaven" is no where near as good as the original (from Eraserhead)?

i like that song, but i had no idea it was a cover....

is the pixies version a lot different?
Quote by Monkeygone2hvn
i like that song, but i had no idea it was a cover....

is the pixies version a lot different?

No. But in Eraserhead it is just so chilling and strange. It was great the first time I heard it. I prefer it over the Pixies version, although theirs isn't bad.

Who wouldn't like that song, when sung by her?
Yeah, I like the UK Surf version, but I'm not sure if I like it more than Doolittle version.

And I think I the Pixies cover on In Heaven sounds better, but isn't nearly as creepy as the one in the movie.