Hey, long time reader first time poster. Im getting ready to acquire an Ibanez RG 450 DX. It's got a Lo Tres II trem on and it according to my friend it doesn't stay in tune well, but since I've borrowed it, it seems to stay in fairly well but not as it should.

I believe the problem is just in the set up so im not worried, once it's mine I'll adjust the bridge or just take it to shop. But anyways, my main question concerns the quality of said instrument. I've searched Ibanez's site and MF, ZZsounds, AMS, all of the big names, but can't seem to find one new. The closest I can find is the 370, then it jumps to the 1570.

Was the 450 discontinued? Was it a pretty good guitar concerning the Lo Tres II and pickups? One on of my main concerns is the price because I'm going to get it for $250 and Im thinking its at least 500$. Anyways, if anyone has any expierance with this model I'd greatly appreciate it becaue google's gave me squat.
The RG 450 DX is just an older version of the RG 350 DX, which is a kick-a** guitar. Guitars with locking trem never stay in tune completely that's why they have the fine tuners.
^ that's bollocks. They have the fine tuners because locking the strings at the nut knocks them sharp, so you have to fine tune.

the lo-trs is a piece of shit. Avoid it.

I have one. It's not just in the set-up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Your best bet is to just use the trem until it goes out of tune fairly and beyond repair, coz the knife edges will soon wear off. Also, the Lo-TRS II arm holder is very wobbly and clunky, dunno bout urs (i can give you some pointers on how to tighten it if it clunky). So after its well damaged and the knife edges gave up on you, go get a Gotoh licensed floyd rose or one from Schaller, or better yet the Original Floyd Rose coz its a direct swap.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Listen to Dave, get one with an ibanez Edge or something. Lo trs are garbage, your friend is correct.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Listen to Dave, get one with an ibanez Edge or something. Lo trs are garbage, your friend is correct.

yeah they are crap i have one.

the only thing cool is those screws on the bridge, if you tighten the low e screw all the way and then tune it to e, if you want drop d just unscrew it.

but other than that. when i get the money, im getting a ofr.

get an ibanez s series or buy a ofr and a rg.
Quote by madpickin03
Your best bet is to just use the trem until it goes out of tune fairly and beyond repair, coz the knife edges will soon wear off. Also, the Lo-TRS II arm holder is very wobbly and clunky, dunno bout urs (i can give you some pointers on how to tighten it if it clunky). So after its well damaged and the knife edges gave up on you, go get a Gotoh licensed floyd rose or one from Schaller, or better yet the Original Floyd Rose coz its a direct swap.

the gotoh and schaller are a direct swap too- but it's only a direct swap if it's a lo-trs II, not a lo-trs. The lo-trs studs are too small, so need to be drilled larger...

I'd just avoid it to be honest. You can get a second hand rg550/570/1570/1550 for a similar price...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its all about the Ibanez Edge Pro bridges. save up for a used 1570, i guarantee you will not be dissapointed.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster