ok so i like to have a place to anchor my thumb cuz i play with my fingers(depending on the bass you cant use the pickup)...the question is can i buy a thumb rest and if so where (like a web site or store) and if i do buy one do you think i could et it up on by a local music store.

thanks for your help.
Yea, you can buy one. You could probably get one at your local music store. If not, go to any online music store and look under parts for bass guitars.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
Quote by ibanezkam
Yea, you can buy one. You could probably get one at your local music store. If not, go to any online music store and look under parts for bass guitars.

like what online store...musicians friend dosnt have any could u tell me one?
i've never seen a bass pickup that you can't rest you finger on. even the single coil 50's P bass is thick enough.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^ I get massive cramps when I use pickups to anchor... too close to the strings.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
I played on my mate's P-Bass, I hate those pickups for resting on. Just irritating. That could be the only bass (other than an acoustic or Variax) that I wouldn't use the pups for resting my thumb on.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Replacement-JBass-Pickup-Cover?sku=301605

They have a few there. Please search google before asking questions like this.

Thats a cover for the pickups not a place to rest your thumb.

And yes google is an amazing tool.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Jeez, five dollars for a bit of plastic. I got mine for fifty cents (53 with tax). But I'm afraid to install it cause i might just change my mind.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
I thought that was what he was talking about

In that case http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=361336&src=3SOSWXXA

Don't worry happens to bet best of us...
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel