Page 1 of 7
This girl i'm dating has really good music taste (aka the exact same as me) except for a few notable exceptions. This seems to be the case with most girls... they like a certain type of music, but no matter what they like these bands/artists:

John Mayer
Jack Johnson
Rilo Kiley
Death Cab for Cutie

I personally only like a few songs from each band listed here (except deathcab... f*** that emo/indie bs). These groups (minus rilo kiley) must get so much ass, it's ridiculous. Any other bands missing from this list?
Its a shame. Most of the girls at my school listen to rap. Its annoying when I'm trying to listen to rock music on my MP3 player on the bus, and then I hear these girls that are sitting right behind me repeating rap lyrics in my ear. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the booty and the bling.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Last edited by sloppyjoe24 at Jul 7, 2006,
McFly! McFly! They all love McFly! It's not natural!

EDIT: Mr. Mydadisjewish, I fail to see how this is anything more than light-hearted banter based on deliberate generalised observations
Love is not a victory march.
Last edited by shakysam at Jul 7, 2006,
Quote by mydadisjewish
What a sexist thread............

thanks for the input
dashboard muahaha
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
The girls I know like Linkin Park, Lacuna Coil or Fall Out Boy. Mostly emo/goth.
round here its blink 182 *shudders*
Quote by monkey of doom
^ I do, hereby declare you a Fag.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
i know girls who like mudvayne, slipknot, rap artists, and a girl who likes butch walker
My girl likes a healthy choice of music compared to most of the other girls i know. He favorite band is audioslave. She also likes greenday. i've noticed that alot of girls actually like the dude or dudes in the band ore thatn the music most of the time. Like the All American Rejects. they aren't really that good. they have some catchy tunes, but not really awesome music. It is just all about that Tyson Ritter dude. so what ever that is what i have noticed though, but do i know i am just an idiot! ahahaha.
Rest in Peace Kurt!
Quote by sloppyjoe24
Its a shame. Most of the girls at my school listen to rap. Its annoying when I'm trying to listen to rock music on my MP3 player on the bus, and then I hear these girls that are sitting right behind me repeating rap lyrics in my ear. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the booty and the bling.

Word', yo'.

my other half is into led zep and cream, which is awesome. but she does like bands like, mcfly, ok go, busted, fall out boy and boy kill boy, which isnt so awesome..
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I would eliminate my penis into threadstarter's mom's mouth.

/thread
Quote by racerj
Rilo Kiley

i don't think that most people even know who they are so i don't think they should be on the list
i think a better question might be "what do middle school/high school girls tend to listen to?" i date plenty of chicks who loathe pop-punk just as much as I do. i was introduced to primus and mr. bungle through females. why not ask "what kinda music do black people like?"
Nirvana over here. These chicks think Kurt Cobain is god and won't keep going on about how his death was a conspiracy. I mean, I've got nothing against Nirvana, but ****, it's getting close to necrophelia (sp?) around here. Other than that, I know a few girls that listen to Zeppelin, Queen, and other classic rock bands.
i know alot of girls who like punk & metal but all those idiot preps like some band called rascal flatts
Quote by Jeff Manthei
why does it matter? they are chicks... they like music... they are supposed to like gay bands

Don't be a ****ing sexist.

I have noticed that chicks love 'alternative' bands, basically anything with soft guitar, dull instrumentation and a 'nice' guy singing. Pretty dull stuff. For me, alternative has gotta add something new to music, not just be a watered-down version of it.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
ALOT of emo bands *shudders* Bloody oath...and HIM honestly, what is the deal with that, they are all inlove with Ville Valo, LOOK AT HIM! He's butt ugly.

No thankyou...
Mixture of classic rock/funk/jazz/blues and metal for me. Mmmmm...
Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese...
Quote by Mr. President
fal out boy, panic! at the disco.

Yeah pretty much. I think girls who dont play any instruments or dont really know anything about music listen to mainstream bands like those probably like pop punk or alternative bands. But those girls who play instruments generate a better taste in music and know whats good and whats not, they have a better understanding of music on a whole. If you know what I mean....ermm no offence to panic at the disco and fall out boy
!RocK On! \m/ ( -_- ) \m/
A lot of the girls here like pretty much all female singers. The only old bands they listen to are journey, styx, and the eagles.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
My girl loves fall out boy, panic at the disco, dashboard, mcr, afi, etc.. she trys to make me listen to them which is annoying because like most girls she listens to them for certain members of the band and lyrics about girls and such, she dosent like good music.
i am a girl and there is not one name on that list that i like...in fact i can't stand that sap!!!!
i am from oz, and there is a band called Kiss chasey, and they are pretty crap, but chicks dig them heaps! and what was said about John Maher and Jack Johnson... Ahemm... being "busy" i think you are bloody well right on!
and shall i say the complete obvious? James Blunt!!! i cant stand that so called "man"! but some women like great music! personally i love Placebo and lots of chicks really like it, so i suppose it is the same with us blokes, it all just depends on taste, and the influences that they had as kids.
im a girl but i dont like any of the band you said.. but uh usually girls around here love simple plan and green day!

and probably avril lavigne :/
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Last edited by Thania at Jul 10, 2006,
Quote by gsr2k6
My girl loves fall out boy, panic at the disco, dashboard, mcr, afi, etc.. she trys to make me listen to them which is annoying because like most girls she listens to them for certain members of the band and lyrics about girls and such, she dosent like good music.

exactly... it seems like a majority of these stereotypical girls listen to music not really so much for the music, but more for the lead singer and like the "message" they're singing about. This one girl i know really likes Kurt Cobain, but not Nirvana. what the hell?!?!
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
Arround it's freaking Panic at the Disco(I don't give a **** about the exclamation point, wherever the hell it goes), Green Day and Fall Out Boy. It sucks

Same thing here...
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Quote by Broelke4
Most of them like whatever is on MTV or sounds pretty.

Bingo, but some of those bands I do like. The All-American Rejects and Kelly Clarkson...
Quote by 吉他手成年
Every girl i know seems to like Rascal Flatts

X2.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
My girl actually like Fall Out Boy, Green Day and Panic! at the Disco. All those bands are crap, they don't bring anything to music, they sound the same. Girls like them just for their appearance.