ive been trying to add vibrato to bends alot and i cant just seem to get it:
like ill loose the bend if i try and vibrato
any tips please
well, i'm assuming that you're bending with your third finger...now, when you achieve the desired pitch of your bend, raise it a bit by pivoting off of the point where your index finger meets the bottom of the neck...once you raise it a bit, lower it back down, and so on...you will have to do this rapidly to achieve a decent-sounding vibrato, so practice slow at first, making controlled and calculated pivots, and build from there
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
like dude that helped me so much ahah. lol thanks. you like stop the string with your index from going out a range a bit? i get it
ahah thanks a ton
^ this helped me
like its basically what he said ahha before you
but like yous triaghten out your index when you reach the bend i think so when you vibrate the string its easier to vibrate faster.
thats if your bend with your ring finger though
you want to make sure that your bending finger isn't completely straight because you won't be able to apply the amount of necessary force to hold the string down while performing the bend and vibrato...this pivoting movement should come from the wrist and forearm, and make sure the string is actually moving while doing this because you will often see a guitarist shaking his wrist and hand wildly while the string stays put...try not to pull up and down on the string with your finger, that's not a very efficient method when trying to remain with as minimal tension as possible
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Your thumb in front of the top fret (low E string), curled up, while bending and vibrating, or vibrato-ing
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic