Page 1 of 3
This thread is about all those really boring basslines that you can play. Name the song and bands ...

I say most songs by U2 , not only are the basslines extremely easy, they're impossibly boring, consisting of most 1/4 or 1/8 notes

Post AWAY!!
Quote by greendayguitar
Wow, that looks extremely good, thank you mcuhly RadioHead22, for your amazing gift of foodiness.

M E S H U G G A H
all the songs from Heroes del Silencio.
There are some really good metal songs, that have boring basslines. But I don't mind because they're great songs xD, listen to Mago de Oz's La Voz Dormida
Gear:

Ibanez SoundGear SR300DX Bass

Digitech BP200
December by Collective Soul
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
you should try playing those a t hef's 24 string bass
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
enter sandman.

rediculously fun to play though.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
The War by Angels And Airwaves - but I'll be damned if it isn't fun to go crazy to.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by ToolBass_dude
enter sandman.

rediculously fun to play though.

It's boring, yet fun? I don't get it.
Quote by chunkychewie

Boring basslines can be fun if you can go crazy to them or if you like the song enough.
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

if i remember correctly, thunderstruck by ac/dc is:

A| 7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7| until the end of the song
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Quote by chunkychewie

in technical terms, its boring as hell- like 3 notes. But when you play it, its so amazingly easy to get really into it and thrash about, thus fun to play.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
The bass during the guitar/talkbox solo in "Do You Feel" by Peter Frampton. Its like, 6 minutes of 3 notes. But that makes it easier to spice up I guess.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
The Bucket - Kings of Leon
and more to come...
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

About a girl.

Depressing, I know.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Don't Drag Me Down - Social Distortion.

If you don't fall asleep halfway through that after playing teh same riff 1074362635 times, you are nuts.

How bout any country song?

dun, dum, dun, dum...
an effective bass line is not determined by the number of notes per measure. it's fine to like, or dislike, a song. thats called, personal preference. what may be "boring" to you, is powerful magic to millions of others. without trying to be mean, this thread is
a noob question. an incredible waste of time. no offense intended to anyone. but not the best effort of the thread starter. the bass forum should be bigger than this small
minded thread. the opinions are my own. (flame away, noobs.)
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
an effective bass line is not determined by the number of notes per measure. it's fine to like, or dislike, a song. thats called, personal preference. what may be "boring" to you, is powerful magic to millions of others. without trying to be mean, this thread is
a noob question. an incredible waste of time. no offense intended to anyone. but not the best effort of the thread starter. the bass forum should be bigger than this small
minded thread. the opinions are my own. (flame away, noobs.)

way to bring down the thread

i understand fully what you mean, i was going to say so too, but then i thought it doesn't really help the thread at all, so i'd leave it out and just go with the flow. We gots two active mods now, im sure if they deem it pointless, they'll deal with it- until then, just let it go on about its business.
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Teen Spirit - its insanely boring to play on its own but its great to rock out to if the other instrument are present, otherwise it becomes a big basket of monotony and repetition.......
still a good song, though
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by JBOX
stuff from flea, damn he sucks.lol. jk

And that dumbass Victor Wooten, don't he know niggers can't play bass?
Quote by MastaBassist10

hmm..

according to south park, every black man has a bass in their cellar
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
hmm..

according to south park, every black man has a bass in their cellar

I so wish I had cable so I could watch that show.
"*sigh*... Token, how many times do we have to go through this? You're black. You can play bass."

"I'm getting sick of your stereotypes."

"Get as sick as you want, just give me a goddamn bass line!"

Back to the thread... I agree with the threadstarter, sometimes I get bored with U2 basslines. I think they fit the style, certainly, but there's no way around the fact that I get a little bored doing one note in straight 8ths for a measure.

Maybe there should be a thread about the most interesting basslines to play (not hardest, most interesting). Sight-reading jazz was a hoot, I wasn't good enough to sleepwalk through a chart so I had to be on my toes.
ANYTHING by Coldplay. He has the easiest job in the entire music indistry that bassist.

Quote by MastaBassist10

Watch your mouth.
Last edited by Applehead at Jul 9, 2006,
The Feel Good Hit of the Summer

But repeatedly screaming "Cocaine!" makes it fun to play
Rats in the Hallway by Rancid bores the hell out of me. Any Lynyrd Skynyrd song makes me want to throw up. Too Many Puppies by Primus is the most boring and redundant bassline ever.....period.
Livewire by AC/DC is just the same note other than the chorus and solo, but I can get into it by singing along, listening to the guitar, and hoping my right hand doesn't die by the end of the six minute song.
Quote by Applehea
Watch your mouth.

I'm kidding dude, chill out. Obviously, that "nigger" can play better than everyone on this site put together.
^Bassilo.....I think you qualify as the blackest person in the bass forum.....period.
Page 1 of 3