Poll Options
View poll results: Tool or NIN
Tool
28 88%
Nine Inch Nails
4 13%
Voters: 32.
I searched and didn't find this anywhere,

But which band do you guys like better? Since they are both the more electronic typehard rock bands, which do you think should reign supreme??
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I wouldn't really say Tool is electronic... I mean yeah they use some samples now and then and effects for their instruments, but they do most of the work themselfs. NIN is almost completely electronic now asside from the bits and peices of guitar they throw in there.

Which is better? I'd say Tool ftw.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
TOOL without a doubt. NIN is wack
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
Quote by HardAttack
I wouldn't really say Tool is electronic... I mean yeah they use some samples now and then and effects for their instruments, but they do most of the work themselfs. NIN is almost completely electronic now asside from the bits and peices of guitar they throw in there.

Which is better? I'd say Tool ftw.

Yea, I know that Tool does all the instruments the old fashion way and such, but I just knew that the electronic sounds and the grunge type recording were very similar, and didn't know if it would be much of a contest.

And I voted Tool, cause they are far better, the instrumentation is genius, Maynard James Keenan has one of the most popular voices out there, Adam Jones has some great playing and Danny Carrey is one of the best drummers of out day. Sure, he's basic, but he has some very impressive lines in their songs.

Saxo-Walrus

Tool definitely.

NiN is great and all, but Tool is just transcends everything you'd think a typical rock band could accomplish.

That said, I do like the Fragile alot. Downward Spiral too, but not as much. I've never been too fond of pretty Hate Machine. And those are all the NiN albums I have.

Aenima is just spectacular, and lateralus is amazing too. 10,000 Days is also definitely a great album, and Salival of course is just awesome. Undertow is pretty good too...

Disgustipated
Last edited by yawn at Jul 7, 2006,
Quote by fallenangel20
Yea, I know that Tool does all the instruments the old fashion way and such, but I just knew that the electronic sounds and the grunge type recording were very similar, and didn't know if it would be much of a contest.

And I voted Tool, cause they are far better, the instrumentation is genius, Maynard James Keenan has one of the most popular voices out there, Adam Jones has some great playing and Danny Carrey is one of the best drummers of out day. Sure, he's basic, but he has some very impressive lines in their songs.
come again? Danny Carey is not BASIC. if anyone is basic in the band its Adam. Danny is a fantastic drummer. and you also failed to mention Justin, who is one of the most unique bass players around.
^ Yeah but DAMN can Adam construct a bone-chilling guitar solo. He's a master when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Tool.

Tool is not Electronic. If you insist on putting them into a genre, I guess Prog-Metal would be as close as you could get.
Quote by Alucard II
come again? Danny Carey is not BASIC. if anyone is basic in the band its Adam. Danny is a fantastic drummer. and you also failed to mention Justin, who is one of the most unique bass players around.

I knew I forgot Justin, but I only know basic Tool knowledge when it comes to the members, and I didn't know his name, and I know he's great, I just didn't put him from sheer ignorance.

And I know he's not basic, I'm sorry for being so vague, but I really didn't want to take up THAT much space on my own thread since I made it for others to discuss upon. Sorry.

Saxo-Walrus

Tool gets my vote too.
I think Tool's too rad to be in a genre with all the other bands. They need their own.
Adam Jones, apart, from being a reliable guitarist, is also a great artist.
Tool ftw, definately.
Member #4 of the "I have parents over 50 and i'm a teen" club, pm tanglewoodguit to join.
Why is this even a thread.......its tool hands down...........who said NIN they will be shot
everything NIN does sounds exactly the same to me...and tool is up there as one of my favorite bands of all time so Tool
"Acid was my favorite drug, it expanded my mind, when I was on acid, I realized a lot of things...like butter is way better than margarine, I saw through the bullshit"-Mitch Hedberg

when asked the uses of a pick
Quote by 4e574e57363g
masturbation device
Yeah because March of the Pigs and Piggy are just the same ****ing song....^^

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
^ Yeah, I find it hard to believe that anyone could see A Warm Place, Hurt, Pretty Hate Machine, Reptile, and Closer all as one song...
^ Cause the NIN voters are too scared to post

waits for the unsuspecting NIN prey to creep by.......

Saxo-Walrus

not really a fan of either band, but i like nin a lot more than tool

(everyone will hate me for this but)
to me every tool song sounds exactly the same, and i just dont really find their music appealling at all....
Both bands are in my top 3 but tools at the top nin at the bottom AIC in between.TOOL for me.Although Trent is also a ****in genious.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
The thing is that, fans of tool are a select breed. You're either going to love them or hate them. And NIN, almost anyone can find a song by them they'd like.