Black - Emperor
Prog - Opeth

But the overall best band award goes to:
(...suspense...)

OPETH
followed by Nile

EDIT: waits for spynals critisism(sp?)
Last edited by somepunkkid at Jul 7, 2006,
That's a decent list. Not necessarily the best bands EVER, but at least we've proven that as a forum, we've got good taste in metal.
Opeth is so overrated. I really like them but man, they're not even close to so many other bands...
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Jul 7, 2006,
Quote by LedZeppelin
Opeth is so overrated. I really like them but man, they're not even close to so many other bands,

+1
Quote by LedZeppelin
Opeth is so overrated. I really like them but man, they're not even close to so many other bands...
Quote by LedZeppelin

Yes if it was up to me testament would be there... but they didnt even make the list
For comparison can you post all the bands that were entered at first?

Because I don't know if kreator was in there, but I don't see how they could lose to Slayer.
Originally Posted by LedZeppelin

i'll give that +1 back and add an extra +2!!
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Yay I guess.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by LedZeppelin

Not even close??? To who? Cryptopsy? That's purely a matter of opinion. A matter of fact is that they've been the most innovative band metal's seen for a loooong time.
Every single bit of attention they've gotten, they've deserved.

/fanboy rant
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
Not even close??? To who? Cryptopsy? That's purely a matter of opinion. A matter of fact is that they've been the most innovative band metal's seen for a loooong time.

/fanboy rant

Couldn't have said it better myself.
I got two Ill Mitch Albums. 'Punch While Rap' and 'Ill Mitch is still Mitch'. God, words cannot express the awesome.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
^ You can ask a stranger; my board is fast and danger.

Quote by gimme_fuel_89
That's purely a matter of opinion. A matter of fact is that they've been the most innovative band metal's seen for a loooong time.

/fanboy rant

Nope, still a matter of opinion.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
^ You can ask a stranger; my board is fast and danger.

Best quote on one of his songs;

'I punch through box once, no wait uh, I punch through boxing glove!'
Quote by SGRocker0791

Haha, I wanted to use that icon for a while.
So you decided to try it out on a mod? You're a brave man. I'm impressed.
Quote by SGRocker0791

Haha, I wanted to use that icon for a while.

HAHA BANNED
Quote by LedZeppelin
Nope, still a matter of opinion.

No, fact.

And even if it was opinion, it would still be more valid than saying 'there are so many better bands out there'.
Quote by LedZeppelin

opeth deserves all the credit they've ever gotten..

and they're the best band ever.
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Quote by j1mi_h3ndrix
opeth deserves all the credit they've ever gotten..

and they're the best band ever.
I wouldn't say 'best band ever' about any band (except possibly DT ), but I mean, there are a lot of bands that could qualify for 'best metal band' for different reasons - most influential, best songwriting, most technical...etc. So I'd say it's impossible to label any band the 'best ever'. But I agree, Opeth is certainly a band that would qualify in many categories as one of the best of all time.
Oh you've got to be fucking kiddding me. I'm a huge Nile/Cryptopsy/Behemoth whore but any complements they receive are still personal opinion.
Quote by HuckIt
I sincerely believe that Opeth being possibly the most original act in metal, is factual. Anything beyond that, such as 'omg best band evar' can be considered opinion, anything that's purely complimentary.
Quote by Mr. President
I honestly would have liked to see necrophagist up there.

Me too. And Testament. I was really hoping they'd make it.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
I sincerely believe that Opeth being possibly the most original act in metal, is factual. Anything beyond that, such as 'omg best band evar' can be considered opinion, anything that's purely complimentary.

Then that's creepy. "Original" is inherently a subjective term. I could say Jimi Hendrix was original, but he took most of his influence from early blues guitarists. Original is not a fact.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by gimme_fuel_89

I love Opeth, unlike I do any other band, however even I have to admit that saying that they are outright the best band (which I myself, do say) is a matter of opinion.

Facts exist for statistics...not so much on musical originality, technicality, complexity or talent.

Example:

Dragonforce Fanboy: ZOMG! HERMAN LI IS SO ****ING AMAZING!

Someone else: Well he's talented...but horribly overrated, I mean to me it just seems like he's playing a lot of scales...really fast. Now Petrucci...there's talent.

[/endexample]

Notice how both statements were opinions. Someone can raise many a point as to why they believe that a certain band is the best to exist....but it's still a matter of opinion.

In other news; Opeth ****ing owns.
Quote by Rakoro
****ing Slayer.
True. Never been big on them.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by LedZeppelin
Then that's creepy. "Original" is inherently a subjective term. I could say Jimi Hendrix was original, but he took most of his influence from early blues guitarists. Original is not a fact.

Well, the fact that they were the first (and still one of the only) bands to do what they do is a fact. The way they took their influences and mixed them together to make something totally new was inarguably, a display of originality. How is that creepy, lol.
Quote by somepunkkid
Greety returns
And there was much rejoicing

No more noobs, no more noobs, lalalalala...

*jigs*
psssh we all the know that Seize Fire > all those bands
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
I think the results came out pretty well actually.
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Page 1 of 2