I found an Epiphone Sheraton II on ebay(yeah I know) and was wondering if this was a good deal or not. Everything seems to check out and it would cost me 200-250 canadian. The guitar is in great shape and I wanted to know if someone has experience with it can tell me if its a good deal or not. I'm looking for a guitar to play the blues but can still transfer into rock sounds and handle heavy fuzz/distortion. Any advice, or than don't buy from ebay, is much appreciated. Thanks.
Its a semi-hollowbody, so it will feed back worse than usual with heavy distortion.
Quote by -jeff-
Its a semi-hollowbody, so it will feed back worse than usual with heavy distortion.

It does not, however, feedback as much as a fully hollow body (like my Artcore) or an acoustic/electric. It can handle rough stuff fairly well. If you can control the guitar and amp it shouldn't be bad at all.

If you guys have heard "Monkey Wrench" by the Foo Fighters Dave Grohl (vocals, lead guitar) plays a Gretsch Hollowbody (a White Falcon, afaik) for it. That's what you'll usually get from a hollowbody of any type in the distortion realm.

I tried a Sheraton II a few months ago and I wasn't impressed with it at all. It was on par (I believed worse than) with my Ibanez AF75 Artcore. Definately not worth the $600 price tag. But you said you could get it for $300? If that's in US, I guess I would take that. If it was in anything else I would shy away from it and get an Artcore. Artcores ****ing rock.

EDIT: For 200-250 Canadian...let me see...I would take that. Go for it my friend.
Last edited by SuperAnalytical at Jul 7, 2006,