I just bought myself a Les Paul and I want to keep it in top shape. How often do you guys polish your guitars, and what products do you use?

I use Jim Dunlop's guitar polish and cloth.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I use an old T-shirt....yes I know I'm cheap

EDIT: Oops..how OFTEN. Like when I can't tell the pickups from the pickguard....or when it needs it.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Last edited by obey_yourmaster at Jul 7, 2006,
Every time I change my strings, which is like once a month, i just clean under were the strings were and wipe off all the smudges with a cloth or towel. I have a squire so I dont care that much.
Once a week and I polish everything. Back, sides, neck, pickup covers, under strings, tailpiece, bridge, headstock, knobs, jack, etc. etc. I like my guitars clean.
Everytime I change the strings I clean the whole body down. In between I just wipe it down when I'm down playing.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
Everytime I change the strings I clean the whole body down. In between I just wipe it down when I'm down playing.

I do the same.
Very rarely, I'm a lazy ass.

When I did my GOTM, everyone was telling me to "clean the damn thing" lol.
I polish my guitar once a week. Sometimes I polished the neck more so its smoother and faster.

I use Virtuoso Premium Cleaner polish on a Guitar Center polish cloth, and then I buff it with a Dunlop buffing/polish cloth. Buy that polish and those cloths! Its only about $10 in total and it is the best cleaner I have ever tried. It cleans the guitar so nicely. My guitar even squeeks against my shirt after I polish it with that! Its great to polish up all guitars and especially high end guitars.
Quote by Mike1109
I just bought myself a Les Paul and I want to keep it in top shape. How often do you guys polish your guitars, and what products do you use?

I use Jim Dunlop's guitar polish and cloth.

every time im done playing i use this to clean the body down real good

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-Microfiber-Guitar-Polishing-Cloth-?sku=420960

and ill clean the strings with this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-String-Cleaner-Cloth?sku=420399

I tried using the string cloth on the body but it puts little scratches on the top layer so ill stick with the correct product to use lol

I have often thought about what i should do to keep the guitar in top shape and have looked at many products, i just never really got to trying them....it will be interesting to see the posts on this thread.
When I change my strings is the only time I polish mine.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Quote by -jeff-
Every time I change my strings, which is like once a month, i just clean under were the strings were and wipe off all the smudges with a cloth or towel. I have a squire so I dont care that much.

same
Every time I change the strings, most convenient. Get to clean the dust out from underneath the pickups and the headstock, oil the fretboard. About every other time I do a full clean- Swirl remover, really clean the neck, clean the tuners.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.