I am looking for a luthier for a quote. I know UG has quite a few luthiers but this is still the internet and I am afraid to get screwed over somehow. So can anybody suggest a luthier that they know of? If the luthier is a member of UG can someone refer them who has ACTUALLY had work done by them? Hopefully someone in the New York to New Jersey area. If they are not in the area then its ok but as long as they are in the U.S. Thanks for any help from anyone
Quote by neocon58
Retarded pinky? I was excpecting a picture of a pinky in a wheelchair, repeadtedly saying 'pinkay' and grinning.
there's a luthier where i live and he is awesome. i've never heard anything bad about him. he is a nice guy, has been a luthier for well over 40 years. i had him quote a guitar, i've had a couple friends have work by him done. my mandolin teacher has a mandolin made by him and it is very impressive. I live in Georgia so I don't know what he can do for you. If you want more info I can get it for you but right now I'm not at my home computer.
Well if you get a chance then sure send the info please. Does he have a website or anything? I don't mind if he is in Georgia I will pay for any shipping costs.
Quote by neocon58
Retarded pinky? I was excpecting a picture of a pinky in a wheelchair, repeadtedly saying 'pinkay' and grinning.
Mac McCormick in Columbus, GA. Here s all his info. Just click the link under the M Section.

*Edit*
Actually on that site you can search for Luthiers by state, so you might find something a little closer.
Last edited by Burdell at Jul 7, 2006,
Ehh what M section?

Edit: Sorry didn't see it lol.
Quote by neocon58
Thanks for the help but I found it though. Does any body else have any luthiers I can contact?
Quote by neocon58
didnt you knwo everyone on this forum is a luthier atleast thats the way it seems. we all know how to do it and we would probably charge you less
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
^Theres only about 2 maybe 3 luthiers on here and 2 of them don't live in the us.

Progression- I can give you contact detials of a luthier in New jersey who used to be a member here if you want.
oh so hes just some luthier in NJ now, jk but ya go with daves suggestion, he is amazing, too bad when he was banned all of the pics from his builds were erased, he is already building tons of guitars but im sure he could

EDIT: chunkybrotha, that is who we are talking about
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jul 8, 2006,
i know a guy who lives in jersey. he used to be an avid member here, however, he got into some trouble, PM me if you want details
seems to me everyone on heres some sort of building genius. idk. just google it man. your bound to find someone on the net whos close to you and does good work.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
what we cant' say chris' name anymore? ALGEE EATER!
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
hey derek i wanna be part of the Gain *****s

please please please?
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
yea derek, i wanna be a gain who re.

and algee is a great builder, you should have seen his builds. yummy!
Quote by gpderek09
what we cant' say chris' name anymore? ALGEE EATER!

They'll hear you!

<.<

>.>
you're a towel.

Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by Teleprompters
oh so hes just some luthier in NJ now, jk but ya go with daves suggestion, he is amazing, too bad when he was banned all of the pics from his builds were erased, he is already building tons of guitars but im sure he could

EDIT: chunkybrotha, that is who we are talking about

Who erased them?. . .
i guess the lower modds weren't in on the conspiracy.

Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by gpderek09
you're a towel.

I've got to change my sig thats the 3rd time i've been called a towel in the last week.
maybe because that's one pwnful sig?
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

I would reccommend Mac Mcormick myself. I live in Columbus, Ga. and have been to his shop many times. He is an artist. Call him at 706-327-8508.
Quote by metalmilitia74
didnt you knwo everyone on this forum is a luthier atleast thats the way it seems. we all know how to do it and we would probably charge you less

Why are you here???

On topic, I recomend Aglee too. Get the contact info from Dave.
Not taking any online orders.
I was looking around the site and it's mostly arch top and jazz guitar luthiers their (look at the name lol). I emailed some of them and I am waiting for replies to if they would take on my kind of job. About Algee I saw his strat build for his cousin awhile back and it was nice work. But has anyone here on the site actually gotten anything done by him out of curiosity?
Quote by neocon58