Page 1 of 3
for instance my bass has a full name "Vlad Andrusha Romanoff" and my geetarest calls his guitar "Babua". What to you call your insturment?

I have no clue why he named his geetar "Babua" but I?ve always been fascinated by the Russian language. That and Vlad Dracul. Romanoff was the last Russian family to hold the crown, and Andrusha is the Russian version of Andrew my middle name.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Last edited by Beleuchtung at Jul 7, 2006,
Billy.

It WAS peaky. Named after a guy my friend hated. But then i got a peavy so it was peaky the peavy and billy the ibanez
Last edited by wombifat at Jul 7, 2006,
Idea:
In order to make this thread somewhat productive, say why you named it that or what you named it after... if its just completely random, that would be cool too..

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Jorge and Felipe.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Mines the Little Devil...

Its bright red RG series Ibanez so it gives off this speed demon feel and well its smaller than the Big Devil (My SG).

Partially, these names came from AC/DC, but other than Big and Little Devil, I just call them baby.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
I call it "my bass" or ethil
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Carvin = Carvey
Fretless J-Bass = Fretty

I'm so creative.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Squier Defretted P bass: El Squeiro De La Muerte (The Squier of the Death, because it is a pain to play)

Fender Jazz: Harmonster (Harmonic Monster, perfect harmonics everywhere on the neck)

Ibanez SR506: Sixy McGee. It's 6 strings, and it looks like a McGee.
haha
animal rose.

i guess because it for some obscure reason it reminds me of animal from the muppets, yet it seems really romantic (not in the lubby dubby sense, but in the sortof poetic, melodramatic sense ;-)) so i gave it rose as a surname.

for its dials it has 3d skulls, its sortof sunburst 3 colours, chipped here and there. if it was personified, i imagine it as animal from the muppets, but with a frock coat :-)
i need to get a better signature.
When do you actually call your bass these names? When you can't find it? When you're mum asks what you're doing upstairs? "Playing with Carvey, mum". I'm intrigued.

After BB King called his guitar Lucille, any other name just pales in comparison
My bass is called

Patrick Pennie Doug Dowden

(patrick stump from falloutboy, and from spongebob,Pennie from the automatic, Doug...just coz...and dowden cuz hes now a family member]
Quote by calvinthecanadi
I'm now an official Franzaholic.

Meep is a word.
Use it.
I likes to call my bass Peter Corridge, though i don't, i normaly call it 'B*****d' a lot though...
I call my bass "myself" so when ever i wanna go shoot up some slapping skills i say-"im gonna play some myself"...............................that wasnt funny...

you see, i could have said im gonna "play with myself" but no one ever says "im gonna play with my bass"....wait...nobody ever says when he's gonna play, he just goes and plays!!

DAMN!! I SUCK.....what did only found out now?!?!?!?
...And The Nominees Are
Frederick, mostly because I like the name and it just sort of suited it. I know it should in theory be a girl's name, but Frederick just sort of suited it.
my bass, or money in tha' bank. my guitar player and i went out thurs. played at 2 different "open" jams. scored 2 paid bookings. ka-ching! thats what i'm talkin' about.
I call mine Gerteh, which is a sort of running joke with my girlfriend

I also call my trumpet Berteh for the same reason
Umm well my Peavy Millenium bass is Big Ol' Blue and my fretless Yamaha RBX300 is nameless right now. Haven't thought of a name that would do it justice. Any suggestions?
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Quote by Applehead
When do you actually call your bass these names? When you can't find it? When you're mum asks what you're doing upstairs? "Playing with Carvey, mum". I'm intrigued.

After BB King called his guitar Lucille, any other name just pales in comparison

Friend: Yo
Me: 'sup?
Friend: What're you up to
Me: Hangin' with the Harmonster
Friend: WTF
Me: You heard me nukka, dont make me get out my gat, or Sixy McGee will fuck you up.
Friend: Huh?
Me: Oh snap
Me: /killed
haha
My first bass was an Epiphone Thunderbird IV. It's a wood finish so I called it Woody.

Then I got the Ibanez BTB405 5 string and it reminded me of Toy Story. Woody suddenly gets upstaged...by BUZZ. So it was called Buzz.
Take a look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will...
mine is just my bass
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
My Ibanez is called Edna cuz the guitarists were giving their guitars sexy names and my ibanez wasn't sexy. My Italia is called Mirabel Mondial
Mirabel is a Latin name meaning "wonderful" or "beautiful" and sounds italic.
Mondial because it's an Italia Mondial
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
Well, originally, it was Rosewood, now it's Ebony, after Dante's black gun in Devil May cry 1-3.
I'm only here to chew bubble gum and kick butt, and I'm outta bubble gum. -Marikufanatic
I named my Bonjangles. I think I was ripped or something. For some reason that name just reminded me off something bass-related. Oh and a tap dancing black dude from about 70 years ago.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171
I now believe you are truly the smartest man alive!!! You're a pimp!

I used him alright
The Founder & Fearless Frog of the Primus Sucks Club. PM me to join.
Member of the Mitch Hedberg Pwns club
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
never named my bass but my beringer amps name is kenneth
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by grimreaper65
Low End Larry.

lol, thats the best so far.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Dick Justice, cause Max Payne was awesome. I need to find a better name. >_>
I talk to my bass..I call it my baby. But it's other name is Norbert. My friend gave that name to it.
I call it my Stinger
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
Page 1 of 3