Usually people suggest schecters or Ibanez as shred guitars.

But I was wondering, where does the Flying V stand for shred?
i dont know but it is one of my dream guitars.........so i cant help u
I guess a Jackson Flying V wouldn't go too bad. The likes of the late and great Randy Rhodes used them, so at least you got something to aspire to.
depending on what V's you talking about, Jackson and Esp/Ltd are very shredable.
its a shred guitar. Matt whatever from Mudvayne used an all black one, so yea its a shred guitar.
OMG you admitted to liking korn and soad, you better delete that before some of the metal heads come in riding there new ego fueled cars to bitch you out .

#7 Member of "The Mars Volta Fan Club"
Quote by itson!
its a shred guitar. Matt whatever from Mudvayne used an all black one, so yea its a shred guitar.

Since when does Mudvayne shred?

Anyway, a Jackson V could most definetly be used for shred. Same with a Epi/Gibson V, but Gibson's V is much better then Epiphones.(The ones I tried out, anyway).
I use one as a ****in' shred guitar, polish the frets real smooth though. And you may not fint the nitro cellulos on the neck smooth enough sp just sand it down and it shreds like a mother ****er!!!! myspace.com/redchops I got a video of me shreddin' on mine! Check 'em out, you'll be surprised.
ltd dv8-r has a nice shred tone to it.

Jackson King V's are sweet for shred too.

Oh, and Dave Mustaine uses both too so thats something to look at
Quote by g-unitie
i dont know but it is one of my dream guitars.........so i cant help u

holy crap is that a Lost Vikings avatar?!

and TS you opened a can of worms
Dave Mustaine, K.K. Downing (I believe), Alexi Laiho, and Randy Rhodes all use(d) flying v's, and they're all great shredders depending on what you'd call shred. Dimebag used an 'M', which is very close to a V.

All in my opinion, I think that the perks of a flying V include incredible and unlimited fret access, along with an extremely liberated feeling for the fretting hand. Depending on the V you get (I'd recommend either a Jackson King guitar or if you have the money, a Randy Rhodes. I'm not sure if LTD makes any series V's, but judging from the signatures, they'd be damn good if they did.
Quote by God Am
Because 'Gibby' isn't the best at making V's.

They have the best shaped one, by far.
I wonder what Robert Johnson would look like with a flying V.

Now I wonder what an acoustic flying V would be like.
you can shred on whatever you want. its not the guitar, its the player.

zakk wylde rips it up on a les paul
yngwie malmsteem shreds on a strat.

and ive seen a bunch of people shred on classical guitars.

so yes, a V is a shred guitar (although, i would pick something else before it)
If i picked Flying V to shred on i would Choose a ESP Mustaine Series Sig best V for that purpose though i prefer the traditional style of the Gibson Vs much better look IMO
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by aznrockerdude
He Just Asked About A Gibby, Why Do You Guys Keep Talking About Esp/ltd?!?!

Why Do You Need To Capitalize Every Single Word In Your Post, You Know Its Not Good