Hey, I'm trying to decide on a new guitar. I'm influenced a lot by the likes of Kirk Hammett, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Malmsteen, Hendrix, and a bunch of other classic rock/metal guitarists. So I'd like a guitar that's very versitile...right now I play a Squier Strat, so its fairly accomadating to my playing needs, at least it seems so now. I like a guitar with 24 frets, good fret accessibility, and a good trem system, preferably Floyd Rose. For pickups, I'd like H-S-H or H-S-S but I found out about coil tapping recently so I'd play something with that. I've been looking at Strats, Les Pauls, Ibanez and PRS. I have a few good ideas of what I'd like but so far haven't really seen everything come together in one guitar...I'd like a guitar that will last for a while, so I'm being as picky as I can with this one.

So yes, thank you for reading all that..I'm looking for a lot of suggestions, so please, feel free to leave what you think is a good guitar following what I've outlined above.
what amp do you have and what price range?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
by the way i recommend a schecter c-1 classic
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
i was also very close to gettin the damien FR but decide on an ibanez as schecter is geared more toward heavy stuff i love my rg350ex Looks great/sounds better..just shop around at local GC till ya find somethin to your likings plug different guitars into the amp you have and go to town
hm. well i'll be working for it, so i guess as much as i can make...i'd feel weird spending over $1500 though. the only guitar i'd consider for more would be the Jackson Soloist or Ibanez JEM.

I'm getting a new amp. Amp before new guitar though, I know the rule. Probably a Vox AD50? Or something similar. Again, I'll have a good amp, I want to solidify which guitar I want so then I know how much to work for it...its not like im shorting out my funds for an amp for this guitar.

EDIT:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=513103
this guitar looks very nice, it has a floyd rose and emgs and the price isnt bad

This looks really nice, but is there coil tapping? If not, I'd rather have a single coil in there...and does Schecter make good FR trems? Are Edge Pros better?
Last edited by Pulling Teeth at Jul 7, 2006,
i think yo could always add a coil tap if you wanted. i think the pots are less than 15 bucks. and tgen the wiring u can do yourself
From your influences.
Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson and ESP are probobaly the way to go.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Alright, you got to ask yourself a few basic questions. But, it sounds like you took care of most of it, all you really need to think about is price. Now, I have the same influences you pretty much and it took me a while to get satisfied, and I'm still not really. What you have to ask yourself is what style do you and are you going to play the most. It is true that no one has gotten it 100 percent on the does everything bandwagon so you are going to have to sompromise. Now for you it sounds like a HUM Single HUM would be perfect becasue you still get the glassy Hendrix tones from the middle pickup, and then you can do everything else with the humbuckers. Then you have tackle a few other things. Like the type of neck; bolt on, set neck, or neck thru. Now they are all goo din their own rights. Some will argue til they are blue in the face about which one is better, but they all work fine if the guitar is made well. If you buy a bolt on, like a fat strat, make sure you get american and make sure that neck joit is tight, it's crucial for sustain. Set neck and neck thru generally have better sustain but you get a good fit on bolt and you can't tell the difference. Then think aesthetics, what looks the best to you. Even if it isn't a brand name you know, check it out, if it looks good feels good and plays good, then it speaks for itself and don't let anyone tell you different. Once you do make your decision, have it set up right away, a good setup is invaluable. If you have any other questions I may be of some help just drop me a line.

Hudson "redchops" Handel
myspace.com/redchops