could someone help me a have a schecter c-1 hellraiser (EMG 81 an 85) and a randall rg200. i like bands like lamb of god, slipknot, pantera (rip dime) and even when i tune down the d and g string always sound too high pitched for what i like . could someone tell me how to get a tone like every thing sounds reel deep and dark. ive gone as far down as C on tuning
Thicker strings. Im not totally sure, but slipknot uses diesel amps. Im willing to bet that the other bands probobaly use heavily rectified amps. Which gives that Chunky low thud sound. That sorta jumps out and hits you in the chest.
Mesa boogie, Krank, Bogner and diesel are famous for that sound.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Grrr.. thats the one thing about schecters that i dont like. They dont have much low end to speak of.
I get great low end out of mine...
Ive got a c1 plus.
Stock pickup in the bridge, Jazz in the neck.
I play through a 10 watt tube vox, then through a behringer combo.
Crank your bass on the amp, Turn the distortion pedals tone a little towards the lower side, Use your neck pickup, And boost the treble on your amp.
Should sound fairly chunky.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Zach_F
Thicker strings. Im not totally sure, but slipknot uses diesel amps. Im willing to bet that the other bands probobaly use heavily rectified amps. Which gives that Chunky low thud sound. That sorta jumps out and hits you in the chest.
Mesa boogie, Krank, Bogner and diesel are famous for that sound.

rivear amps it said on their website
if u want good strings erine ball is very good
if u want good strings erine ball is very good
haha your joking right? The only thing good about them, is you can find them every****ingwhere. even when there new they sond brittle and dead, and play like a crusty hooker's thong.
Quote by fu man chu
haha your joking right? The only thing good about them, is you can find them every****ingwhere. even when there new they sond brittle and dead, and play like a crusty hooker's thong.

thats why God made it possible to change strings
edit: sorry read it wrong... mick and Jim use ernie balls
U just need the right ones
I'd personally go for D'Addario strings or GHS Boomers (preferably Boomers).
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
i dunno how widespread this company goes, but around where i live theres this company called Curt Mangan. And they basicly own over any name brand ive ever tried. So yeah if you ever see a set try um out they wont dissipoint. Haha sorry i prolly sounded like such an egotistical douche right there. blah ya know what i mean, um i think.

Edit: http://www.curtmangan.com/site/products.php <----- if your at all interested
Last edited by fu man chu at Jul 8, 2006,
i use .13s with a krank revo and i tune to BEADF#B and i get a pretty low end tone. mess with ur settings. an EQ would definatly help.