Dont even think about price.
But Im looking for an amp with a distortion like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCaE_QL279I&search=blink%20182%20live

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FZKafonyxTE&search=blink%20182%20live

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o9_b_-_XcAQ&search=blink%20182%20live

I like how the distortion sounds and i like how when he palm mutes it its all scratchy and such.

Any Help would be great!
I'm thinking it might be those Mesa Rectifiers sitting so prominently behind Tom in all of the shots...
Whoa, those dont sound anything like mesa boogies typical chunky low sorta sound.
Crazy.
You could probobaly get a similar sound with most high end tube amps. You may find a marshall for a little less.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
With no problems linked to price, go for a Mesa Dual Rectifier Fullstack.

It'll be expensive as hell but worth it.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Wow a thread without bashing Blink 182. Im proud of you UG.

Well, thing is. Double Recto's, I belive have 6L6s, which are known for american sounding and also very early and smooth breaking up, hence the amount of distortion. That would be a good amp to get, because it also happens to be very versitile incase you happen to get into any other kind of music (blues, to hard rock to metal)
Any blink bashing that is done, i will be ready to defend them. They have alot more skill than people think.

and the Double Recto's, are you saying that has that sound i want?
Why would you want to sound like that, that tone is horrible, especially for Mesa's.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

................must.....................................bash........................................................aaahh!

Seriously though, what's so great about that distortion in particular? Just sounds like distortion to me.
If you're looking for Tom's sound, he used rectifiers for most of his popular career. The studio albums, especially from Enema onward, are rectifiers and other amps layered, but live, mostly just recto.

And to the dude who said that doesn't sound like the typical mesa boogie low chunk kinda sound...well...the amps do have EQ controls, and they're very, VERY versatile amps. IF you take the time to learn how to dial them in. the eq controls on Mesas function interactively and quite a bit differently than most tone controls. If any of you ever do get a Mesa (rectifier or any of their other amps) make sure you read the manual! It'll teach you how to actually use all those knobs on the front.
myspace.com/dropoutdale
Doesnt Tom Use a JCM900?????
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
in the studio i know he layers 3 amps for his main tone, one of which being the rectifier, and one of the others i think is a JCM 900. i don't recall what the 3rd is...i think it's another mesa. maybe a triaxis?
myspace.com/dropoutdale
wow we dont have to bash the title of the yotube vids already does. but that was horrid sounds like a beginner and such a waste of money, all those nice amps and that tone coming out of them that is.
I wasnt looking for that exact tone i was gonna brighten it up a little bit. Can someone give me a link to a good head or amp that im looking for?
the main thing i like about it is the palm mutes (which you can hear in the 1st and the 2nd one vid alot)
Last edited by Brandon138 at Jul 8, 2006,
Quote by Brandon138
Any blink bashing that is done, i will be ready to defend them. They have alot more skill than people think.

and the Double Recto's, are you saying that has that sound i want?

If they do have skill, those 3 videos sure don't justify it. Sounds like the just picked up their instruments 3 months earlier.

Just shows how powerful studio magic really is.

With that kind of playing its really hard to tell what the hell was going on. At first it didn't even sound like an amp.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
If they do have skill, those 3 videos sure don't justify it. Sounds like the just picked up their instruments 3 months earlier.

Just shows how powerful studio magic really is.

With that kind of playing its really hard to tell what the hell was going on. At first it didn't even sound like an amp.

That was at the beginning of their major tour, if you listen to their buddha and cheshire cat cd's it shows a little more. But considering enema of the state was written in literally 3 weeks, its pretty good.

Btw my friend is selling a fender hot rod deluxe 40w all tube for 320, could i what i want with that amp?
Last edited by Brandon138 at Jul 8, 2006,
Quote by pullmeunder
Why would you want to sound like that, that tone is horrible, especially for Mesa's.

im with this guy, sounded like me back when i started (that means like crap)
Well either way. What can get me this oh so horrible sound? Ill just tweak it right if i get it.
why do you keep asking when many people have told you it's a mesa rectifier?
myspace.com/dropoutdale
lol, sorry, iw as getting mixed signals between all the undeserved blink bashing and the actual honest answers. Thanks
all you need is a boss m3ta1 z0n3, its 1337, greatest tones, better than any mesa and marshall combined....

seriously................

joking
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music