Page 1 of 3
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time

satch.vai and eric johnson arn't even on the list... and jack white is in the top ten??!! What the hell.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
dimebag isn't on it either. (why is Joan Jett on there?)
B-52 AT-100 2X12 amp
Yamaha
gibson LP
Epi LP
Strat Knockoff
GNX3000
TS7 Tubscreamer
Various other pedals
^ :P... I wasn't overeacting I swear.. it's just kinda disappointing

Edit- your right.. dimebag isn't wth..
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
its a pretty bad list. Many of the guitarist on there are crap, dimebag, wylde, and so many others should be on there. Hendrix deffinetly shouldn't be top.
Well, I'm not bothered by the list at all, I don't really pay attention to them. Satch and Vai would be somewhere in my top 100 list, don't know about Eric Johnson though. He's a great player, great tone, but I don't like him.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
yeah but it's not just some random list someone made on the net.. it's made by a million copy selling magazine^
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
I've come to the conclusion that the only reason these are made are to make idiots on internet forums argue, bitch, whine, and moan. If I had a magazine, I'd do the same thing, just for shock value. It's someone's opinion, get the **** over yourselves.
Randy Rhodes is #85 and Jack White is #17 that just shows how much the prick that wrote that artical knows about guitar
...dont read, my eyes omfg

nirvana isnt top 100...they are good in the sense of music but def not in the top 20 guitarists ...range...
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
Since when does anything the Rolling Stones magazine puts out mean jack**** to anyone with any sense whatsoever? The magazine blows.
yeah i will never read that again after i saw that...no Buckethead? no Petrucci? no Vai? no Yngwie?...i'll stop now
Go get your shovel.
that has to be the worst list i have ever seen. jack white #17 !!! he shouldn't even be on the list. eddie van halen should be in the top 5, not the top 70. and bo diddly shouldnt be 37.
randy rhoads 85!?!?!

and where the hell was eric johnson and dime?
my gear:
zack wylde les paul custom
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

"no one you can tell, for youve been raptured to hell"
-me
I agree with some of it, even though not having Satch or Vai is crap. The reporter that wrote the article obviously was more into the Blues/ Classic Rock guitarists than the shredders, which is why you have Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Eric Clapton and SRV taking up alot of the top 10 guitarists.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
That's stupid. Kirk Hammett is good, but not #11 good. Randy Rhoads 85? Idiot.
Since when was Joan Jett considered one of the top 100 guitarists of all time.
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
Just proves Rolling Stone, a magazine dedicated to music, knows absolutely nothing about music..
I don't think anybody knew who Vai or Eric Johnson were when this came out 100000000000000 years ago.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
heap of s£!t angus young 96, dave gilmour 82, wheres slash al di meola gary moore zakk wylde ?????????? i bet he plays a F!"£$%G keyboard
Yes, Yes. We've all seen the horrible list.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

why in the world is angus young at 96? and randy rhoades at 85 jeez whoever put this list together need to be shot
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
that is possibly the worst list ever and from rtolling stone aswell..pitty. Dave gilmour is as number 82 and pissing lou reed 30 places above him. What a crap list
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
i think jack white deserves his place. eww.

hes completely original and, although he maybe doesnt shred, can play like a demon.

clapton probably does deserve a place, but not that high. hes horribly overrated in my opinion.
Quote by DeathMetal18
Randy Rhodes is #85 and Jack White is #17 that just shows how much the prick that wrote that artical knows about guitar

I often think that knowing less about an instrument makes it easier to appreciate good music, however. For example, I hate Greenday, but only because thir music is too "Simple." If I did not play guitar, I would simply see their music as catchy, infectious punk and like it.

Knowing little about guitar, this person has identified the truly best to them, the ones who create the best music, not just the ones who can tremolo pick at 400bpm, or shred like a god. And IMO, that is what makes a talented guitarist; the ability to create good music.

It isn't all about technical skill.
no slash!?!?!? i only just noticed.

and he isnt about technical skill, which is what i love about him. he does have the 'ability to create good music'
I often think that knowing less about an instrument makes it easier to appreciate good music, however. For example, I hate Greenday, but only because thir music is too "Simple." If I did not play guitar, I would simply see their music as catchy, infectious punk and like it.

Knowing little about guitar, this person has identified the truly best to them, the ones who create the best music, not just the ones who can tremolo pick at 400bpm, or shred like a god. And IMO, that is what makes a talented guitarist; the ability to create good music.

It isn't all about technical skill.

If writing an article about the top 100 guitarists of all time, you had better know a good deal about guitars and guitarists before publishing such a list in a widely read magazine. Second, Randy Rhoads was not all about technical skill, though it is abundant in his playing. He could still had the ability to make good music without compromising his technical ability, or selling himself short as a musician. Thus, I'd think he's better than White as most in this forum would agree.
where is zakk wylde? where is yngwie? anyways this list is about good guitarists not catchy guitarist. they need lists like these for every genre of music. cuz you cant compare the style of some of these players. cuz ppl like randy rhoads and eric clapton play different kinds of music.
Cobain is on that list...

#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
I tihnk it's more based on sound and/or innovation than technical aspects.

EDIT: I read through the list, it's true, that list sucks. You can't possibly say those guys from Radiohead are better than Iommi.
Dickless.
Quote by Pulling Teeth
If writing an article about the top 100 guitarists of all time, you had better know a good deal about guitars and guitarists before publishing such a list in a widely read magazine. Second, Randy Rhoads was not all about technical skill, though it is abundant in his playing. He could still had the ability to make good music without compromising his technical ability, or selling himself short as a musician. Thus, I'd think he's better than White as most in this forum would agree.

I'm not disputing that that list is quite bad, (Angus is in friggin' 96...), but I've seen even more pathetic ones. To say that the list comes from Rolling Stone, the most well known music magazine around, I'd expect a far more enlightened view.

I'm just sick of seeing people going like "WTF THEY leK Put Steve Vai LOW!!! HEis teh S3XXOR AT shrEd!!!" It annoys me that poeople can't just respect someone's tastes. Yes, Vai is obviously miles better that Kurt Cobain, but the person writing the list clearly doesn't like him as much. Get over it. That's all I'm trying to say.
my theory is that the list was made around innovation and how much of an influence a person is, otherwise randy rhoads would not be 85
Go get your shovel.
yeah the magazine isnt that good but ive been getting them for free for a long time... so whatever...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
peter greens at number 38 while keith richards is at number 10, thats a ****ing injustice
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
No Buckethead?
**** The What?
That List Is Built On The Bull**** Belief That Old Is Always Better And That Blues And Classic Rock Guitarists Are Infinitely Better
**** The What?
in other news, ANGUS YOUNG, BUT NO SATCH? WTF? ANGUS YOUNG JUST ALTERNATES BETWEEN 3 CHORDS AND CALLS IT A SONG, **** THE WHAT?
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Page 1 of 3