So on my guitar (Strat style tanara with regular strat tremelo and tuners) when I play almost any note on any string but the high E they sound out of tune and phase, but this happens when its just one note played alone, so I get that wavering sound if I play a note. I've had this guitar for years (almost 6 or so) and this has never happened before, or else I never noticed it..... Could it have been knocked out of being set up or something? or maybe its just bad strings? (It does this unplugged as well, so its not the pickups) and it is really beginning to bug me when I solo and all that good stuff.. Thanks in advance
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Naw like the out of phase sound when its out of tune but it is just on a single note rather than two or more so you shouldn't be able to hear that... Like when you play a chord and you got a note out of tune and it kinda fades in and out of phase..
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Does it do this when you play open strings? by the way you describe it it sound like your guitar is out of tune, I'll give you some credit since you've been playing for years and wonder if it's an intonation problem.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Well, its not out of tune, because I tune it and it still does it. And it does it with just single notes and usually you can't hear when just a single note is out of tune by the phase.... I can tell its not out of tune, and it does do it on open strings but not too bad, I think I might replace the strings, they might be getting too old and gettin all messed, and if that doesn't work I will look at new saddles, and if that doesn't work... Lets hope that works...
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
It sounds like an intonation problem to me...because I had the same problem less than a week ago until I adjusted the intonation.
Hmmm i'll try adjusting it.. I just dun wanna mess it up hahaha.. Although I couldn't do much harm with the shape its in...\\
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
I actually posted about the same problem earlier today!

First of all make sure the strings are in good shape.

It could 3 things

1) Bad intonation (the fretted note is different than the string harmonics so they phase in in and out making single notes sound out od tune similar to a out of tune power chord)
2) Pickups could be too high causing too much magnet pull
3) Tremelo could have weak springs causing the string vibration to actually pull the springs
-Ibanez SAS36FM
-B.C. Rich Warcock Platinum Edition (my first guitar, noob mistake)
-Roland Cube-30
Hmm I adjusted intonation and it didn't change at all.. so it wasn't that.. I will try new strigns and I got some extra springs so I will try those too... Maybe thats it.. sixstring did you fix your prob?
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
Sounds like intonation. I would reccomend getting a new pair of strings and then intonating your guitar.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Alright, I'll try that. Intonating it currently didn't work at all, so maybe new strings and intonating will do the trick.. If nto I'll take sixstring up and change the springs... Thanks peeps, once I fix it all I'll tell how it worked out..
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by MightyAl
for me all i had to do to fix it was lower the pickups and fix the intonation
-Ibanez SAS36FM
-B.C. Rich Warcock Platinum Edition (my first guitar, noob mistake)
-Roland Cube-30