I can play these songs(and a few others, that I just can't remember):

Stay Together For The Kids
Stairway To Heaven(only 3/4 of the solo, up 'til the part where you repeat the thing like 15 times)
Crazy Train(not solo, everything else)
Dani California
Fat Lip
Unholy Confessions
Chapter Four
Cowboys From Hell
Hold Me
Perfect Situation
Basket Case
American Idiot

Am I behind, at, or ahead of where I should be in my guitar playing?
not another one of theese.......
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by love_O_rock
not another one of theese.......

Sorry, I haven't been here for like 3 months and when I was around I NEVER saw these types of threads.

I guess it has changed...
ur probly pretty well caught up with most i mean ive been playing for 2 years and i only kno about 70 songs
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
If you've only been playing since November, and you can play the (proper) Cowboys from Hell riff at full speed... well, that's pretty impressive. Crazy Train is not a simple riff either. You're doing well, keep at it.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
well as ive stated in other threads of this nature, you cant compare yourself to how fast other people progress, cuz everyone progresses at different speeds, you should worry about just making sure that you dont stay in one place for a long time, and continue to push yourself
Go get your shovel.
I broke my left hand pink, and the cast didnt work as a slide. Talk about hindering....
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Ive been playing for a little more then a year, and I just recently started learning songs really. I'd rather practice, and make up my own stuff. Unless im singing too.
so im sure your fine.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Stop with these threads. Covering songs is cool and all, but you NEED music theory on top of playing ability if you ever want to do anything with it. I've been playing the same ammount of time and I don't like some of those songs, but as far as I know its pretty good playing if you can actually play them correctly.
Quote by The way to hate
Stop with these threads. Covering songs is cool and all, but you NEED music theory on top of playing ability if you ever want to do anything with it. I've been playing the same ammount of time and I don't like some of those songs, but as far as I know its pretty good playing if you can actually play them correctly.

What's music theory?

*sigh*

I'm such a noob...
Quote by White_Devil

was that a joke?

Well, I've heard of music theory before, but I don't actually know what it is.
Quote by footballfanatic
Well, I've heard of music theory before, but I don't actually know what it is.

It's that part of the beer in the bottom of the bottle that just doesn't taste right...

No really, it's the technical, mathematical and physics side of music. It's why a this-and-that chord sounds good and the other one sounds meh-meh. Stuff like that.
Also, chord progressions, scales, fifths, all that good stuff.
its chords and scales and notes and sheet music and technique and practicing and boring as hell at times, but you gotta know it.

in terms of your playing, youre doing fine. the stairway to heaven solo, thats pretty impressive for your time. im workin on that right now, i have it down, i just need to clean it up a little

keep it up
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Uh Ive been playing for 2 years and only have 2 songs completely memorized. I learned to read music properly so any piece of music with standard notation I can play instantly without ever having heard the song. Reading standard notation is good you should learn it.