soft part ends, into heavier part

Well now i've got someone new
and she's twice as great as you
i think about her every day
and i'm glad you just walked away

now all these things i do
i guess they're all thanks to you
when i was with you, i thought i was glad but
this new life im livin just aint too bad, yeah!

outro

tell me what you think
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
why did you bother to post these lyrics? it's obvious that it's centered around the music and not the words. so why not just post the words. radiohead has a song called just. it's pretty good. i think this thread should be turned into a discussion of that radiohead song. or you could post a recording and i could make fun of how bad you are at guitar.
I'm not much a fan of ballad like songs, though I can understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Now quite my favourite piece, but I did like the lines:

"Well now i've got someone new
and she's twice as great as you"

Even though they don't seem too extraordinary. I think that this would sound much better when it's put to music, at least the way I imagined it.

EDIT: And Radiohead does have a song called Just, and it is very good actually. Though when did two songs having the same name ever become a big deal?
yeah, they do sound alot better with the music, but unfortunately, i dont have any recordings of the song finished
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Quote by pixiesfanyo
why did you bother to post these lyrics? it's obvious that it's centered around the music and not the words. so why not just post the words. radiohead has a song called just. it's pretty good. i think this thread should be turned into a discussion of that radiohead song. or you could post a recording and i could make fun of how bad you are at guitar.

next time i record the song, ill send you a copy, just so you can make fun of how "bad" i am at guitar.

and i checkd out the music for just by radiohead(guitar world/one/whatever), and it doesnt really look like it's that great of a song, then again, i never really was a fan of radiohead.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Quote by pixiesfanyo
i didn't say it was a big deal. i said we should talk about the radiohead song.

That's true, and I was just saying that it's no problem when there are several songs with the same titles.

However, even if you aren't a Radiohead fan, music is music. Not everyone can agree on what is good and what is bad.

Though I'm very fickle when it comes to lyrics put to music. I always keep rearranging parts to make stuff better, or adding extra riffs or chords and such to give the song more flavour. Also, I think that this song almost sounds like it could get decent radio airplay because it feels like it has apoppy vibe to it.
yeah, its the first song i wrote actually, the chord proggression came out weird, i tried to play patience by gnr one day and failed miserably. this came out, it sounds cool though, then after the solo, it completely changes, almost like a different song. but i will post a recording of it on here soon, or atleast the link to it.

if there's any forced rhymes or anything you find in it, please notify me.

the first time my dad heard the song (at my school's battle of the bands)
he looked at me and said "doesn't it sound like wish you were here?"

and i was like "NO"
but then i thought about it and i felt kinda dumb.

the chord proggresion for it if your curious is:
1st chord-not sure what it's called but tab would be
thick-o22ooo-thin
2nd-g 32oo33
3rd-d 2oo232
4th dunno 002210

repeats alot, im actually writing it on power tab.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
hey, im gunna throw up a power tab of it, misc unsigned bands: stagehead-just
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Last edited by grayfox1001 at Jul 17, 2006,
Just to let you know... the first chord in your progression is an E minor and the fourth one is Am/E... correct me if i'm wrong...

I didn't like the repetition of "did" in the first stanza. I also didn't like the strange AABA rhyming pattern which turned into AABB in the second stanza, it sounded bad IMO. The chorus is pretty catchy though. I thought most of the rhymes were forced, especially in the verses. I think this would be a good acoustic song.

If you want... crit my newest song, link is in my sig
yeah, i dont like the aaba to aabb rhyming either, but i couldnt think of anything, actually, the song has no chorus, it's only 4 verses, if you go to the power tab on this website(directions posted above) then you'll undersatand alot of it...

...also, it is partially an accoustic song.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR