i'm sure it'll be amp, since i have an ibanez toneblaster. but, guitar wise i was looking into the ESP DV200 and just swapping the pickups. but back to the amp, i'm looking into something i could use for like old school metallica and like nu-metal and basically every other metal **** there is. i was looking at some randalls.

the highest i'll go is gonna be around 6 hundred. thanks.
Randalls equal eww.
Not a randall fan here.
Go for the guitar if your gonna buy a randall.
Or wait just a little longer and get a b52 head. Then buy a cab later, Just use what you've got till then.
Randall really doesnt make great stacks.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Yea. A b52 at100 is kickass.
You may need a pedal for really heavy stuff, I used to have the combo. It was great, I sold mine in favor of a car : ). Im looking into a fender now, But thats besides the point.
Its got a rectifier, but its not going to sound like a mesa boogies really. It's a little lighter with the rectifier. But anyway, For anyone looking for a tube amp. I strongly reccomend it.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
randalls are ew according to that guy, it doesnt mean they suck. A lot of artists actually use randall, there are people that prefer them. Go ahead and get to a shop to try one, thats the only you know for sure you like an amp or not.

I would highly recomened an amp over a guitar as far as an upgrade goes. That being said, it sort of depends on the condition of your guitar, if its usable and playable, and doesnt excessively buzz, or breakdown, keep it and get a new amp for sure.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville