Ok, lets try not to make this into a "bash blink" thread. What do you guys who know about tom delonges achievments (blink 182, boxcar racer, angels and airwaves) think of him?

my opinion: hes not that great of a singer or guitar player. But he is an awsome song writer.

Discuss
tom delonges?? hmmm. Well i know its Delonge and that he thinks he's going to create another "pink floyd like THE WALL" album except he thinks its going to take over music...i'm sure that will fail worse than Milli Vanilli...but those guys were black...so lets go with Smash Mouth.
he has made catchy riffs and in some songs his singign isnt bad. blink 182 was very good and so was boxcar but angels and airwaves suck in my opinion. and im a pretty big blink fan.
Tom Delonge is so up his own arsehole he doesn't know when he's speaking and when to shut up. He thinks his music is 'different' and can change the world but in honest truth, he is just doing what everyone else is.
It's so hard for new bands to break into mainstream nowadays because of the band over population and sites like myspace. The chances of one guy and his (not even good) band changing this world is slim to none.
cause he is not that great of a guitar player or singer thats what i love about him... It just shows that u dont have to be a badass at guitar to create goo dmusic... the simple little riffs that he creates are awesome... youd be lying if you said that if you heard some of their songs they did not get stuck in your head... his music is soooo damn catchy! one listen and u'll be sining it in your head. plus i loved the fact that when he plays.. its pretty much just 1 guitar 1 bass and drums thats it... and the guitars were either distortion or clean.. nothing else.. as far as with AVA goes now hes using pedals.. and into that delays to get that whole stadium feel. but to sum it up.. Delonge is an awesome musian... plus he is funny as heck... his new ava stuff is pretty good too its in a whole new directions but i think its awesome...
If he's such a great punk rocker, why doesn't he take his millions and endow 924 Gilman for life and star similar projects in small towns all around the world?

Oh wait... that'd be like... work and contributing to those who helped you become so famous.

**** him.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
blink 182 was tolerable, but hes really got his head up his ass with this new angles and airwaves thing. theyre pretty annoying, and he seems to think theyre the next led zeppelin or pink floyd (he doesnt even seem to be interested in punk rock now).
Wrong Forum.
Tom is/never will be punk.
Decent Band.
Mediocre Songwriter.
Blink sucked (over time).
Boxcar was better, but disappeared.
AVA is decent, but was nowhere close to matching expectations.
Stupid unrealistic outlook on the music scene.
That sums up everything.
Hopefully mods close this.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by xArCaDiAx
Wrong Forum.
Tom is/never will be punk.
Decent Band.
Mediocre Songwriter.
Blink sucked (over time).
Boxcar was better, but disappeared.
AVA is decent, but was nowhere close to matching expectations.
Stupid unrealistic outlook on the music scene.
That sums up everything.
Hopefully mods close this.

Youre an idiot, box car racer sucked ass even by blink standards what kind of lyrics are 'i feel so mad, i feel so angry' and he also describe them as an east coast post-hardcore band in veins of fugazi, refused and quicksand.
Quote by Leftover_Crack
Youre an idiot, box car racer sucked ass even by blink standards what kind of lyrics are 'i feel so mad, i feel so angry' and he also describe them as an east coast post-hardcore band in veins of fugazi, refused and quicksand.

Oh yea, Im an idiot for saying Boxcar was better than newer Blink. I'm an idiot because 1 out of the 8 things I said you disagreed with.

...............and I know Tom has no sense of musical genres, I said it already.

Relax.
Quote by xArCaDiAx
Oh yea, Im an idiot for saying Boxcar was better than newer Blink. I'm an idiot because 1 out of the 8 things I said you disagreed with.

...............and I know Tom has no sense of musical genres, I said it already.

Relax.

Hey, I really didn't mean the idiot thing.
Jeez some people.

EDIT:...o n3wer blinkz.
Last edited by Leftover_Crack at Jul 8, 2006,
Quote by Leftover_Crack
Hey, I really didn't mean the idiot thing.
Jeez some people.

EDIT:...o n3wer blinkz.

I know you didnt, but Im just saying .. Its not like I havent seen you in other parts of the boards. I know you...somewhat.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Him and the guitarist from AFI have changed my views for Guitar World forever.

Guitar magazines never looked this good! (minus the tom delonge part)

Lol closed.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>