yes, i know its wrong, i know you shouldnt do it, but i just got a bass and i wont be getting a bass amp until august. my question is, how low should the volume be?
the setup is:
Jazz bass
frontman 15G(15 watts)
^All Eqs set to 1, gain set to 2~3

how much should the volume knob be(so i wont blow the speakers)?
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
Just do it. I tried it at a guitar store. I'm not used to guitar amps, though, and I got a horrendous amount of feedback, but deal with it. It's not good to go all the way up with that amp, though, because of the speaker and not the amp. The amp will be fine, the speakers won't be able to handle it.

Just play with it. If it sounds like total crap, then go lower.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
When you play the low E and it starts to pop...then it's too loud.
Take a look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will...
turn it up until an agressive E (if you're tuned to standard) makes it clip, pop and crackle.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
We need the FAQ asap.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
i keep reading your threads. we are in the exact same posision. i have a fontman 15g aswell i have been running my brand new bass through it on about 2.5 and its fine. any louder and it sounds like it will blow up.
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
A guy at a local store tells me that it can blow the speakers. Small Crate bass amps aren't very expensive.
if you play bass through a guitar amp, you will eventually blow your speaker. not if, but when. i say use headphones until you can buy or barrow a bass amp. don't let anybody tell you different. you WILL blow your speaker.
hey yall, i know that a guitar amps speaker will blow of you play a bass through it too loudly, but ive got a Crate GT212, 120watt, two 12" speakers, and since the speakers are so big and theres a lot of watts in the amp, would it be ok until i got a real bass amp. the bass ill be getting is an Ibanez SR505. i know i wont be able to crank it, but will normal bed room levels be ok? and will i need to adjust my EQ a certain way? if so, how?
well, i got a used 10W bass amp for 35$... it was easier buying it.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group