Metal today. I personally think its at the best is has been in a long ass time. Look at some of the killer bands out there, System, Disturbed, Zombie etc.
Zombie and Distrubed both had debut number 1 albums! for metal thats really good. I hear a lot of people whining about how it sucks though so im interested in hearing what you guys think.
die
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
those bands aren't really metal all though I'm not a genre freak and couldn't really tell exactly what they, are nu-metal perhaps?
yes they are nu-metal and to avoid a stretched anal cavity i suggest you go to the nu-metal forum
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Lol. You fucking, fucking retard. Too bad what you mentioned is in fact not metal. Get your ass out of the metal forum and take it the NuMetal / Hardcore forums.

But, if you are talking about real metal such as Opeth, or Cryptopsy, or Wintersun, then yes, there is a lot of modern metal that I do love as much and sometimes more than their predecessors.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Bands threadstarter listed = not metal

But real metal, I think it's going pretty well nowadays. Dream Theater, Opeth, Epica, Symphony X, DragonForce...Iron Maiden's coming out with a new album, too.

I used to think that good music had completely disappeared at the beginning of the 90's, but lately I discovered that good music isn't dead - it's just hiding from the public eye.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
As far as metal, in the traditional sence goes, there's is, and always has been, a niché for it. But you the 'metal' bands you get in the mainstream arn't the traditional metal I speak of. They cover all of those crossbreed styles that I chose to ignore, mainly because there are too many of them and they seem to very non-specific.

Having said that, metal is far from dead. And it never will be. Just like rock 'n roll baby!
Damn devil music.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by Mr.Norris
die

PRS Custom 24, Mesa Rec? You lucky, lucky man. That would set me back.... about $NZ11,000, possibly more.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
PRS Custom 24, Mesa Rec? You lucky, lucky man. That would set me back.... about $NZ11,000, possibly more.

Wooo another New Zealander! <3
Quote by Celticknife
Wooo another New Zealander! <3

Sup? Youre the 3rd UG new zealand metaller (after me and slayer224)
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
... *takes a breath*
...*takes another breath**

hahahahahaha

edit:

hahahaha

not metal in the slightest. Nu metal forum, o evil noob...

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by rhoads4ever
Metal today. I personally think its at the best is has been in a long ass time. Look at some of the killer bands out there, System, Disturbed, Zombie etc.
Zombie and Distrubed both had debut number 1 albums! for metal thats really good. I hear a lot of people whining about how it sucks though so im interested in hearing what you guys think.

Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich

I didn't think anyone would remember that picture...

Good times.
Quote by Celticknife
You are just sad because we pwn you at rugby.

........ Do you know who you're talking to?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Celticknife
You are just sad because we pwn you at rugby.

*waits for Morb to come in and pwn celticknife with long, elaborate speech on how aussies are genetically better than NZ'ers and how it all goes back to the Eureka-stockade and how NZ'ers are more related to the man-like monkeys like niggers and aborigins and hence it was just a stroke of luck and that rugby matters not at all anyway*
Last edited by Bilzzard_of_Ozz at Jul 8, 2006,
Instead of arguing Dwain will just pull out the New Zealander distraction kit which contains:

1 Sheep

....what??? did you think there was something else?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes Chuck Norris to laugh at him.

Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his Dad did.