Hello everyone!

For a long time I have the idea of buying a low cost tele, and start working on it step-by-step, changing everything from pickups to machine heads.
Yesterday I was browsing around at Squier site and I saw this one:

Link @ Squier Guitars

And I thought: "wow, it would be cool to have this modern look with some vintage sound".

I would like to know your opinion about this. The body is Agathis, would this make it a bad choice?

About the pickups to buy, I was thinking on some "Fender® SCN Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Tele Pickup Set".

Thanks in advance for your opinions
What about basswood ?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
ESP LTD EC-300
Behringer GX112 Blue Devil
BOSS ME-50
I asked this because there's a strat with the same graphics, and the body is basswood. I may get one of those

Link @ Squier Guitars

Too bad it's HSS
ESP LTD EC-300
BOSS ME-50
h/s/s = more versatility. btw tuning the guitar maybe what you should worry about on the guitar
what do you mean?

i would have to change everything on it, from bridge to pickups to machine heads etc.
ESP LTD EC-300
BOSS ME-50
well probably pickups would be your first call. then you would want to install locking tuners for better tuning stability
Bam.

http://www.rondomusic.net/AgileTC630.html

If you're going to replace all the electronics and hardware then this would be solid pick. Alder body, maple neck, grover tuners already, and I think that cream one is sexy.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
like mudder said, alder is the way to go.

personally i went wt an alder squier tele and modded it.

but i guess if u really like the paint on ur first choice, itll hold up ok. agathis isnt really that bad, it just doesnt have the bright tone of alder.
i mean, its still a hearty wood, no problem shaping its tone with the right pickups and amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thats a cool idea, just modding the hell out of a cheap guitar, ive seen it done but didnt think it was cool idk y until now
If you go the rondo route and still plan on modding it, I'd get the cheapest one they had, all of them are solid alder AFAIK. Plenty of solid wood Squiers out there, though.
Quote by markom89
If you go the rondo route and still plan on modding it, I'd get the cheapest one they had, all of them are solid alder AFAIK. Plenty of solid wood Squiers out there, though.

yeh solid wood apparently means plywood. so you want to look for solid wood alder. and yeh the agile if you want to spend more money on modifying the guitar itself