just save an extra 50 quid and get a standard
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
save up and get a black beauty, no use and wasting small amounts when your gonna end up buying a better one later, just save and get a good one.

black beauty!!!
I'm not quite sure what that equals in USD, but here are my recommendations;

Epi Les Paul Standard Plain Top
Epi Vintage G-400
Epi '57 Reissue Les Paul Junior

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yeah ive got a black beauty. I got mines online for 700 dollars. Thats about 400 in english. If you wanna save up for one then it would be a good idea. Their nice. If you do get one get a good amp too. Theres no point in having a good guitar for it to be wasted on a **** amp.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by Xenn99
I'm not quite sure what that equals in USD, but here are my recommendations;

Epi Les Paul Standard Plain Top
Epi Vintage G-400
Epi '57 Reissue Les Paul Junior

actually the standard plain top is getting bad reviews from users so you oughta be lucky to get a good model
In the UK can't you find a Tokai love rock for about that much? Great LP copies...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Guitarded-0
save up and get a black beauty, no use and wasting small amounts when your gonna end up buying a better one later, just save and get a good one.

black beauty!!!

Seconded, why does everyone go for the LP standard? Black Beautys are much better
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
Seconded, why does everyone go for the LP standard? Black Beautys are much better

i have a LP supreme which i love

it is alpine white with gold hardware

one of these runs you close to 3000 dollars though
Gothic Studios are nice.....

the body is light but it is a good guitar
But i aint sure on price
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
because the Black Beauties have a big slab of alder in it, which doesnt give you the tr00' Les Paul tone, but the Plain Top is pure mahogony, with no alder at all.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
because the Black Beauties have a big slab of alder in it, which doesnt give you the tr00' Les Paul tone, but the Plain Top is pure mahogony, with no alder at all.

true but the quality on them is very much questionable
yeah, but if you can get it professionally set up, then it would be a bitchin guitar, and it woul dbe a waste to spend like 700 bucks on something that doesnt even resemble the Les Paul sound, to buy a plain top, then modify it a little, would probably be worth it, but i havent played it, so i cant really comment.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
yeah, but if you can get it professionally set up, then it would be a bitchin guitar, and it woul dbe a waste to spend like 700 bucks on something that doesnt even resemble the Les Paul sound, to buy a plain top, then modify it a little, would probably be worth it, but i havent played it, so i cant really comment.

im talking sticky neck, uneven paint so not the way its set up rather the way built
ohhh, yeah but sticky neck is common on high glooss, its just something you have ot get used to, i have sticky as **** neck on my G-400, so i wash my hands with soap Everytime before i play, so it makes it not so sticky, i love that guitar. and the paint uneven, well then that just sucks, i was planning on getting that guitar at somepoint.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
ohhh, yeah but sticky neck is common on high glooss, its just something you have ot get used to, i have sticky as **** neck on my G-400, so i wash my hands with soap Everytime before i play, so it makes it not so sticky, i love that guitar. and the paint uneven, well then that just sucks, i was planning on getting that guitar at somepoint.

well if you do, look at every nook and cranny and if theres some scratches bump the price down for sure
Im still wary of Chinese manufacturing. Are the Epi's made in the ROC on mainland china? or made in Indonesia b/c Indonesian LTDs are of pretty good build quality.
is that bad?

my G-400 was made in Korea!

is that good?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

A yamaha AES 620, or a Washburn Idol WI65 pro. There, I said it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i like 'em, but that's just me.

But still, sound > looks. When you have to choose. And at this price, you do...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i like 'em, but that's just me.

But still, sound > looks. When you have to choose. And at this price, you do...
true true unless you go Tokai or used LTD.
are the Yamaha AES series decent guitars?

Tone/Feel wise, do they sound like a Les Paul, and are they comfy to play with?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by CustomCustom
used LTD.

your not going to get a decent used ltd at that price here in the uk, there grossly overpriced new.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

I had a bad experiance with the plain top. Isn't the black beauty the same as a standard with an extra humbucker?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

theyre pretty decent
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I had a bad experiance with the plain top. Isn't the black beauty the same as a standard with an extra humbucker?

yeha, they both have that big slab of alder in it.

AND

how are the Jay Turser Les Paul's?

they look nice, but it doesnt stat what the damn body wood is made of, but they look real nice, ihavent had the oppurtunity to play one yet, but, i wouldnt mind
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

yeah, I tried an aes 420 and I liked it. Does it sound like a les paul? more or less, but not exactly. But neither does an epi... and at least the aes is made of the right wood...

look into some tokais too, as custom custom suggested. But ltd's are very dear over here, as someone already said...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mudder
Edwards?

a) im not too sure that they even have a distributor there
b) even if they do its most likely out of the price range
c) edwards rocks