now, i was thinking about changing the pickups on my guitar.(just a thought, i mightnt do it)

i have a lefty platinum warlock(bc rich) - no bc flaming please.

i definitely want some EMGs (cause they rock) but i dont know what set to use because i dont know about humbuckers etc.

if someone could tell me either the set name or the individual pickups i would be best putting on it then that would be great!

as you can see im pretty clueless so i need your help!

thanks
http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=6

emg humbuckers, they have sound clips on the right hand side of the page under the description
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
you can't buy them there can you...from that site? i was also wanting EMGs, have the same guitar except right handed...Warlock Deluxe Series tho...anyway yeh i was wantin some EMGS..but need really good prices....i am poor almost lol
the website has a list of dealers, but im sure if you dont want to buy over the internet you can call emg's sales department, the numbers also on the website or get your local shop to order them in for you
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
no im not iffy about ordering online, ive done it for years lol! i was just wondering if theres a particular setup i need or if everything will work, thats all

EDIT - just checked out some of those sites and im still not sure exactly what i need lol
Last edited by yellowlizard at Jul 8, 2006,
oh right i see well emgs are active so they need a battery pre amp
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
lol what kind of batteries and id have to take them out everytime i have to change them right?

oh, and any idea how long the battery will last lol?

sorry for all the questions guys!
usually 9 volt batteries and according to the website they can last up to 3000 hours
again the guitar may require some minor mods but if its what you want id get it done, i think the jack has to be altered
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
thanks tommy, if i bought them and handed them into a guitar shop could they fit them for me?

thanks again
yes. but

what sounds you looking for?
how much you willing to spend?
is your guitar a semi hollowbody?
what amp do you have? if its an mg, stop. drop. rollover. think more about your amp

edit: and yes james hetfield uses them but he also uses good ****ing tube amps.