Ok well yea ive posted a couple of fourms, but they didnt tell me anything. So ill try again. I have 1,000 dollars(give or take a few), tell me what guitar,amp,pedal combos would work for me. I would play "Emocore" with this guitar and amp. Things like: Avenged sevenfold, atreyu, papa roach, and so on. However, for an amp, i dont want a stack of any kind. I already have a Carvin, so im lookin for more of a practice type amp. I have a Marshall MgCD10. THIS THING SUCKS ASS!!!! I also have a VERY old VERY used Gibson SG custom, but im not looking to sell this guitar, im going to keep it also. I also have a new SD-1, which works wonderful. So please someone help me!
anything-core usually leads to Krank amps.

You could also try Marshall TSL's.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Gasso
I also have a VERY old VERY used Gibson SG custom, but im not looking to sell this guitar, im going to keep it also.

you lucky man..... im jealous

maybe try a Line 6, Crate, or Peavey amp. i dont know the names of the models or anything but ive tried a few and theyre great and get really nice distortion. maybe consider a multi FX pedal, i have a Digitech RP300A and i get anything i need out of it. the only complaint i have is that the wah doesnt have quite as full a tone as i would like, but add a Crybaby to it and youre all set.

and keep that SG!! unless you want me to have it
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
how old is the sg? that could be worth some serious cash if you play your cards right

man i wouldnt ever sell that thing if I had one

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
im not sellin my gibson i think its a 76 I THINK but im not sure...and ive been thinkin about a line 6 spider 2 ive heard good things about them
Last edited by Gasso at Jul 8, 2006,
No! Never! Not ever. No Line 6. And definitly no Spider II.

Thank you.
You don't really need a Spider considering you have a Carvin.

For a small practice amp, just go for something like a Cube 30. It's portable, has alright amp models (mostly for metal-ish tones) and is good for the price.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by ScreaminBlues25

maybe try a Line 6,

line 6 amps suck. (except flextone.)
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
line 6 amps suck. (except flextone.)

i liked the one i tried. i dont remember the model, but it certainly didnt suck.. may have been a flextone tho, i dont even know

Quote by richwatkinson
look at behringer, they're pretty versatile with a good price [but supposedly bad quality]. or vox
wtf??? you own a carvin amp and an old gibson and your playing emo wtf thats totally retarded. and practice get a ****ing fender hot rod deluxe