I heard that the amp affects 80% of the tone so the guitar itself it just for playability, i mean, it really important the wood is made and the pickups?.
amp is definitely the biggest factor. then effects, then wood, then pickups.

i thikn thats the right order but im not positive
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Obvious, I'ts very important! It's not the same play with a Marshall or a Vox and a Squier or with a Gibson! The amp is very important, but the guitar too. Both are complements.
No Signature
The amp does effect most of the tone...

But the wood and pickups are also important.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I'd say amp is more important for tone, but not much personal preference is involved (The amp is either good or not good). With guitars, some people prefer single coils as opposed to humbuckers, or alder as opposed to mahogany.
Dickless.
amp > speaker cab > pickups > guitar wood > strings > bridge metal/type.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
YOUR PLAYING > amp > speaker cab > pickups > guitar wood > strings > bridge metal/type.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
^^ Everyone always seems to forget that YOUR PLAYING effects the sound a great deal. I can make my 10w Squire amp sound metal but my mate can make my Engl fully pumped sound like a Jazz amp.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
playing is not part of tone. tone as in timbre is basically all about sound quality. A Good driver cannot justify a ****ty car, and so forth.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Another huge factor in your sound is the equalizer on your amp and/or effects pedals.

If you scoop the mids on your amp (have the Mid knob set to 0) you will have an aggressive sound when you play.

If you boost the mids.. you have a lighter sound.

Same with the bass, treble, and gain knobs.

If you want a different sound.. just play around with it.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by Tubey
^^ Everyone always seems to forget that YOUR PLAYING effects the sound a great deal. I can make my 10w Squire amp sound metal but my mate can make my Engl fully pumped sound like a Jazz amp.

i have that squire amp (got it for free) and it can do metal easily, in fact thats almost all the OD channel does besides hard rock
Quote by Funky P
playing is not part of tone. tone as in timbre is basically all about sound quality. A Good driver cannot justify a ****ty car, and so forth.

Exactly.

When will people grasp there's a difference between the TONE and how you percieve it, i.e. the SOUND.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.