Im prolly goin to get a ibanez sr505 bass, but what are the pros and cons of this bass. Also, how is this bass for pop slap, because i want a bass thats both good at playing fingerstyle and pop slap.
I think it'll be tougher to slap a 5, personally. CLoser strings and such. Not speaking from experience, though, so you don't have to mind me.
its a bit harder to slap on a 5 string, because the strings are closer together, if im not mistaken, the string spacing is 16mm. and 4's are more (depends on your bass) and learning to slap is harder, but once you get used to it, and go to a 4, its really easy
I haven't heard the best for slapping on that bass. and for slapping on a fiver, just practice on a four string if you're having trouble and eventually you can do it with a fiver. I've played the SR500 and it was good.
Quote by MX4Life
I think it'll be tougher to slap a 5, personally. CLoser strings and such. Not speaking from experience, though, so you don't have to mind me.

the strings arent closer, the neck is just a few cenimeters larger.
^The strings are closer. Standard string spacing for a 4 string is about 19 millimeters, five and six strings are about 17-16 millimeters. I think Fender five strings are 19 millimeter though.
the advantages depend on whether you actually need the extra range. i personally have a low b on my 5 string and i use it more than any other string. i don't really find it any harder to slap on five or four, and once u get used to it, there isn't really a difference for spacing, the neck is just a little wider.
i bass all day, and i bass all night, cuz when i bass i feel alright