I know everyone here says agiles are the best guitars you can get for the price, but I don't trust prices that low. I've looked at gibson statistics, and it costs $250 to manufacture a middle end les paul. A middle end agile such as this http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000hsbf.html costs $50 less than production price, which either makes these low quality guitars or a charity, which I doubt. Has anyone owned both a middle range LP and a middle rand Agile that can give me the information between the 2 guitars?
Dickless.
i was going to order an agile but i didnt want to dont even be able to see it in person first or try it so i backed out

as for the specs, the agile guitars are cheaper because its not a big name, so they cant charge as much for the guitars. the wood in it is actually better quality than some lp's because of the alder in the lp (the epiphone ones) so if your talking about gibson your just paying for the name on the headstock
Quote by myvaliantleap
The guitar you linked to is 200 dollars.

Yeah, Read the whole post, You'll see why.
Quote by Zofar
Yeah, Read the whole post, You'll see why.

Yea, I did. But anyways, a Gibson or Epiphone, would cost more to produce because of factory workers wages being higher, probably having union workers, and also suppliers knowing that they are selling to Gibson so they jack the wood prices. That would up the cost of Gibson making a guitar.
God...how the hell can people get the facts so twisted up?

Agiles are NOT Gibsons. They're mid-level Les Paul-like guitars made of the same mahogany that mid range Epiphones are made of. Of course Gibsons cost more to make. They use Honduran mahogany and thicker flame maple tops. They're also made in the USA, so labor costs are higher than in CHINA where Agiles are made.

The two brands are completely different. Comparing them just doesn't make sense.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I also saw they're made in Korea. Aren't Korean guitars known to be mediocre?

Tons of guitars are made in Korea. They are the higher quality foriegn guitars.
Quote by Xenn99

Agiles are NOT Gibsons. They're mid-level Les Paul-like guitars made of the same mahogany that mid range Epiphones are made of. Of course Gibsons cost more to make. They use Honduran mahogany and thicker flame maple tops. They're also made in the USA, so labor costs are higher than in CHINA where Agiles are made.

The two brands are completely different. Comparing them just doesn't make sense.

With such similar specs and shape, how can you not compare them?

Anyway, I asked because my friend is getting his third guitar, second electric, is that good for about intermidiate level?
Dickless.
Quote by myvaliantleap
Tons of guitars are made in Korea. They are the higher quality foriegn guitars.

Actually, Japanese are the higher quality foreign guitars.

Korean, Taiwanese, etc, are all still in the middling stages of development in terms of guitar production.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I also saw they're made in Korea. Aren't Korean guitars known to be mediocre?

If i'm not mistaken.... the Epiphones were made in Korea for a number of years till the contract was transferred to China. That being said, there were alot of unemployed luthiers in korea after that, with all the equipment... so they started making guitars under another name. same quality, just different.

As to the cost to make a Gibson LP, you have to understand the economics of it. First off, from an employee standpoint, gibson is a great company to work for. It's union, and everyone makes well above average pay. then there's a retirement pension (like GM), really good health package, and bonuses. All this has to be paid before any guitars are made... no wonder they are so expensive.

I have a LP standard, and a Korean LP copy (i got the korean one first), and 9/10 times, when i tell someone not to look, but to tell me which guitar their playing, they get it wrong. 90% of the people who play my guitars prefer the Korean one for tone, playability, and comfort.

but i still break out the gibson for jamming. I have to keep up appearances.
B-52 AT-100 2X12 amp
Yamaha
gibson LP
Epi LP
Strat Knockoff
GNX3000
TS7 Tubscreamer
Various other pedals
Quote by Xenn99

im pretty sure it makes sense to compare two les paul style guitars. the comparison was not between Gibson in general and Agile in general. it was between the les pauls that some different companies produce

ive never tried an Agile so i cant help.. i just like to argue with Xenn

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.