Well, I have a epi les paul Std, and I want to change the bridge pick up for a P-90. I mainly play, rock, punk, blues, and that stuff, nothing very heavy...Will it sound good in my epi??
No Signature
If it has humbuckers already, won't you have to mod the pickup housing to fit an SC?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
ittl give you a good blues sound and it didnt do pete townshend any harm rockwise so yeah ittl cover what you want, however youll have to get a humbucker sized p90 as a soapbar wont fit properly

gibson do the p-94 which will fit
and i got some from bareknuckle and they sound sweet
emg have their own p90 range which i believe fit a humbucker cavity
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by S0ulja23
If it has humbuckers already, won't you have to mod the pickup housing to fit an SC?

i think that seymour duncan makes p-90's that fit into a humbucker cavity size
******* double post sorry ********
No Signature
Last edited by Bensimon at Jul 9, 2006,
I've heard some bad stuff about the P-94.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
^P-94's are excellent pups IMO, I've got a couple in guitars I've got. A few companies that do P-90s in humbucker casings:

Lindy Fralin
Bareknuckle
GFS
Seymour Duncan
Gibson
Kent Armstrong
Rio Grande

If you're on a budget, the GFS Dream 90 is only 30 bucks, but IMO GFS quality rivals SD's in most cases. I wouldn't be put off by price there. Kent Armstrong's are under 100 as well. P-94's are my favorite out of the ones I've tried (haven't tried BK, Rio Grande or Fralin, but they're top quality boutique stuff, they'll sound good but not for cheap). The SD I'm not too keen on, but I've heard other people rave about it. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just not my bag.

Here's some links

www.guitarfetish.com
www.fralinpickups.com
www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk
www.riograndepickups.com also sold at www.warmoth.com
Gibson and SD are kinda self-explanatory, you can find them both on Musicians Friend.
Here in argentina the P-94 for bridge cost 135 bucks. It worths it?
I want more a classic and vintage sound, like the Lp Juniors has. I hope it will work.
No Signature