is the custom better than the other epis? including the epihpone SG iommi? And does it even compare to gibson>?
right, your best bet would be to go and try them out at a shop, honestly people can tell you what they feel their guitars are like but its personal preference, also theres a thread just 4 down from you with the exact same title
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
fair enough

Well i can honestly say that from my experience the g-400 custom is a great guitar, its reliable, gives a good sound from the stock pickups but they could sound better, obviously suffers the same neck heavy problem as other sg's but thats pretty much the only flaw mine has.

Its a solid guitar and with a pickup swap it would verge on awesome
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
can u get ths guitar in lefty? And what pickups would you recommend and how much would that cost?
I dont think ive ever seen a left handed version but you could always pull a hendrix and restring it upside down.

As for pickups, that would depend on the sound you want, im going with either emg 81-60 combo or maybe some bareknuckle nail bombs for mine as i want it to be more a hard rock /metal guitar.

My advice would be check out sound files on some pickup websites and see what you like. however you may get the epi love the stock pickups tone.

Pickups in my experience usually cost around the 200 mark for 2 so id say maybe 250-300 which is why alot of people dont like to change pickups but personnally i dont mind spending the money as it gets me the tone i want
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
PLEASE, if your going to get an Epi SG, get the CUSTOM or VINTAGE.

For that little bit extra cash you get SO much more.

The Std Epi SG G-400 is AWFUL. The Necks horrible, pickups awful...it's just a bad Guitar.

I'll NEVER regret buying my Epi Sg G-400 CUSTOM.
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
Quote by Ash_Lawrence
PLEASE, if your going to get an Epi SG, get the CUSTOM or VINTAGE.

For that little bit extra cash you get SO much more.

The Std Epi SG G-400 is AWFUL. The Necks horrible, pickups awful...it's just a bad Guitar.

I'll NEVER regret buying my Epi Sg G-400 CUSTOM.

the threads called g-400 custom, calm down
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
well if i cant get it left handed, i wouldnt get it, cause ive tried playing hendrix style, just cant get on with it. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED, SO RESTRICTING!!!! Thats one of the reasons why i was looking at the iommi SG, because it is easily availible lefty.
as i said on another thread: im currently working in a guitar shop, and we have this guitar there, very nice, apart from the [sigh] ORANGE pickup selector switch. But yes, good guitar, looks cool, says 'les paul custom' on the scratchplate . Only thing is: the neck is quite fat, but my guitar has an original wizard neck so its probably not actually that thin, just me.
hope that helps, and yes pickups might need changing, but tbh, if your amp is ok, its not obligatory.

EDIT: I KNOW THAT SGs ARE NEW VERSIONS OF LPs, JUST THE FACT THAT THE OTHER SGs DONT SAY THAT IS WHAT I FIND STRANGE, so dont flame me for saying that
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The reason i think....for the " Lss Paul Custom " is because mainly of the scratch plate. Didn't the first SGs or " Les Paul Customs " have the '61 style scratch plate/pick guard? Unlike the newer, larger ones?
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc