Page 1 of 4
Ive just started playing solos, but i dont really know any awesome ones, could you suggest some
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
well if youve just started then you probly wont be able to play it, but stairway to heaven and november rain
bon jovi has some great solos
richie samboras the ****in man.... look at "wanted" and "Livin On A Prayor"
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
for solo starters i suggest sabbath bloody sabbath by black sabbath
erm, i dont know many easi-ish solos, i only know hard ones and ones that a 4 year old can do
Trivium - Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation

Roadrunner United - In The Fire (if anyone can play this properly, I salute you for playing the most kickass solo ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR0QCdXAOnw&search=metal
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Oh you wanted to know the best solo i know?
Roadrunner united have a hell of a lot of great solos, black sabbath, Ozzy, The rare slipknot solos are usually good but tend to be not too difficult, the outro solo on psycho by SOAD is good, slayer, maiden, pantera

I dont have one favourite solo, to many artists, bands, genres etc.
It's not the hardest thing in the world, but I can play the outro solo to Little Wing by Hendrix. That's a really pretty solo and not impossibly difficult so you might try that or one of the solos from Heaven by Los Lonely Boys if you're looking to learn.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
back in black by AC/DC, shouldn't be too hard :p (easier than stairway's for sure hehe)
well its not the best solo or the hardest but the solos for Avenged Sevenfold "I won't see you tonight pt.1" is pretty fun to do and you don't have to be very good to play it.
I don't really learn many solos.. I know Eruption, and a few of Brian May's, but that's it. I mostly improv 'em, if they're blues or rock songs.
The hardest solo I can play is the "Cemetery Gates" by Pantera solo, but some easy solos that would be easy for you...try some Hendrix stuff, his solos aren't very hard.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
My improvised ones.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Quote by jplay5
well if youve just started then you probly wont be able to play it, but stairway to heaven and november rain

I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Metallica- Seek and Destroy, once you get your blues solos down you can do stuff like this
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
My hardest solos would be either Fade to Black's outro or Mr. Crowley's outro (though I struggle on Crowley wayyy more than Fade to Black).
The Easiest solo i can think of is probably smells like teen spirit - by nirvana. But my most favorite solo is probably the one in Simple Man - by lynyrd skynyrd.
=>Glenn Tippton's Painkiller solo is the best I know in metal music. Very carefully constructed, lots of techniques: sweeping, tapping, pinchs, extremely fast at some points, melody parts in it, overbends and a great variety of licks, not just a damn pentatonic box 1 that many would play. It is just great, it seems to speek itself.

=>Tony Iommi's Wheels of Confusion outro solo. It is not extremely fast or full with techiniques like painkiller, but it fits great as an outro.

=>Randy Rhoads Suicide Solution extended solo in the 'Tribute' album. Very fast, great tapping, neo-classical sound at many points.
Van Halen - Eruption, Jump, Panama
Jimi hendrix - star spangeled banner, voodoo child

nd loadsa other s**t
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
well if your good you can try playing the second solo from cult of personality. but dont give your hopes up ive been playin for 12 years and havent been able to play it succesfully once.

the song is

cult of personality by living colour
solo by lead guitarist vernon reid

there is no finger picking at all and it is faster than the solo by eddie van halen in ice cream man.

but for simpler solos try iron man or warpigs by black sabbath. or comfortably numb by pink floyd
try "sweet child o mine", "paradise city" and "november rain" by guns n roses.
joe satriani does some awesome stuff too- try "just like lightnin" and "super colossal"
hmm, i know lots. The best solos i can play, (and my favourite solos of all time) are all of alter bridges.
Been away, am back
The best I know so far is the solo before the very hard one in "Master of Puppets" by Metallica.
The first solo starts at about 3:54 in the original.

The other one I partly know is "I Want To Break Free" by Queen, which is pretty short.

..And a little bit of the tap-on part of "Ride the Lightning"

I know, just say it, I suck.
hm.....the best solo? hard to tell, there are so many....

But still one of my all-time favs iss Eddie Van Halen's solo on "Beat it" (M.Jackson) - check it out...absolutely awesome!

Eddie is God!
My Rig:

Ibanez RBM - I adore this axe!!
Fender Strat (Duncan PU's + Floyd-Rose)
Washburn Acoustic
Kustom Quad200 Amp-Head
Cusom-made 2x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig2 (for Recording...awesome!)
Dunlop Cry-Baby
Rocktron Intellifex
Boss SD-1
I only know one, the first in master of puppets, so I guess its that. But I'm pretty determined to make the stairway solo my second...although I think that by the time I can play like 15% of that I'll have learned another.
Last edited by affiray at Jul 29, 2006,
snowblind by black sabbath
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
look at joe perrys solos they are pretty easy and kick ass at the same time. notably angel and amazing

That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation
And how high can you fly with broken wings?
Life's a journey not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings

For info how to join the team PM Bombtrack
there's a collection album called "100 Greatest Guitar Solos", with 100 excelent ones from Beatles to Pantera, available on... er.. most filesharing systems (DC++, eMule, etc)
if needed (without being banned) i can copy the tracklist here, or send it in PM/e-mail
sublime wat i got or badfish...
Quote by IndianRockStar
EXACTLY!!! We should join together to form a vendetta against vocalists. Or trianglists.

Let's get em lol.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
or santeria.....
Quote by IndianRockStar
EXACTLY!!! We should join together to form a vendetta against vocalists. Or trianglists.

Let's get em lol.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Page 1 of 4