I've been playing mandolin alot lately, and I'm really enjoying it. So I was wondering if anyone could suggest some really good bluegrass music and/or bands to check out.
Hayseed Dixie and The Gourds are two good bands. I think they both just do covers of original songs though. Also have a listen to the Cold Mountain Soundtrack. That has alot of Mandolin on it.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
Del McCoury, Seldom Scene, Doyle Lawson, Blue Highway, IIIrd Tyme Out, Lonesome River Band and J.D. Crowe just to start out with.
Last edited by Doszero at Jul 11, 2006,
Yonder Mountain String Band. They're really good.

Old and in the Way. Also some good stuff.

And if you're open to other stuff apart from bluegrass, listen to the album Garcia/Grisman (Jerry Garcia and David Grsiman). Dave Grisman is a mandolin master.
Oooooh! Don't know if they're exactly what you're looking for... But sometime in the not to distant past, Trampled By Turtles formed in Minnesota. I saw them a week ago and they are Amazing. Don't have any CD's out on iTunes yet, but www.myspace.com/trampledbyturtles has some songs. Yeah...
if you like mandolin you should check out nickel creek... their mandolin player chris thiele (sp?) is awesome.
What happens if people stop buying Merch merch?
You don't want to do that.
Why not?
Because then The Merch turns into the fleshreaper.
That sounds bad.
Yeah, he flies from house to house, collecting torsos.