i eventully wanna get a new guitar and don't exactly know which one to get. so a littli advide before i go to the guitar store and try somethin out would be nice. (my guitar center carrys mostly fenders/squires, about 3 schecters and like 10 gibsons. so i ain't got a great selection unless i special order.)

1.)the gibson les paul gt-now some people say its just a gimmick, but i knda like the way it looks. but the classic 50's neeck. how thick is it? could you compare it to something?

2.)i hear synyster gates is comeing out with his own signiture schecter, it is supposed to look like the one in the seize the day video i think, (black and white avenger). i like it but not shur i want to wait for it.

3.)gibson standard-now i would change a couple things so its pretty much a classic with out the inlays that look like crap.

4.)gibson les paul menace-cheap, like the headstock alot, but the only thing i hate is the gay tribal routings, could i possiblely fill those in?

5.)maybe a cheap strat that i could mod the hell of? nevermind i really don't want a fender

and anybody know anywhere that i could get a gibson les paul case with the white plush on the inside insted of grey?
Last edited by Midnight_spooks at Jul 8, 2006,
Put it this way

Gibson=Universal sound (Most likely Just straight rock)
Synyster Gates=Metal
Fender=Blues

But whatever its your choice 8)
Gibson is straightforward rock, they're not that versatile, but great for wha they're meant for.

Of the guitars you mentioned, the Gibson LP standard will be the best. It has a powerful, chunky but clear tone, perfect for blues-rock and 70's stuff, and it can do modern stuff with a high-gain amp. It's your best choice.
some fender's can be used with other genres, the dude from sepultura uses a HSH fender mexican made strat, also 'sysnister gates' is schecter :p

I suggest a gibson, or fender that'll suit most sounds (HSH HSS SSH)
now that i think about it i really don't want a fender. does anybody know when syns sig schecter is coming out?
Quote by sashki
Gibson is straightforward rock, they're not that versatile, but great for wha they're meant for.

are you kidding? Les Pauls are some of the most versatile guitars out there? Tell me one thing you can't play on a Les Paul, except for shred maybe. but shred is just difficult on an LP, not impossible.

OK first off, DO NOT get the Les Paul Menace. It's one of those cheap models that people buy just because they can finally afford something with Gibson on the headstock. A Gibson is a big investment, so you want to get it because you like it, not simply because its a Gibson. In terms of Gibson, your best bet here wil be the Les Paul Standard. The GT is probly decent, but it appears that youre just gonna be paying $300 more for some different cosmetics, which dont appear to be much, if at all, better than those of a Standard. You will be able to play any kind of music on a Les Paul Standard. Go try one out. Its waiting for you. It needs you. And you need it. GO......

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
some schecters are amazing...i have the c1 elite, the neck is a little thick, but overall its awesome.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
are you kidding? Les Pauls are some of the most versatile guitars out there? Tell me one thing you can't play on a Les Paul, except for shred maybe. but shred is just difficult on an LP, not impossible.

OK first off, DO NOT get the Les Paul Menace. It's one of those cheap models that people buy just because they can finally afford something with Gibson on the headstock. A Gibson is a big investment, so you want to get it because you like it, not simply because its a Gibson. In terms of Gibson, your best bet here wil be the Les Paul Standard. The GT is probly decent, but it appears that youre just gonna be paying $300 more for some different cosmetics, which dont appear to be much, if at all, better than those of a Standard. You will be able to play any kind of music on a Les Paul Standard. Go try one out. Its waiting for you. It needs you. And you need it. GO......

well o don't like the menace just xcasue it says gibson, i justhink it looks nice but now that i think about it he thing is ugle cept the headstock.

and it sonds like your sellin somethin fer jesus wjhen you says it needs me and i need it. weird.

and i fi got the standard i would change the pickups, knobs and maybe tuners. so i tink hat would about equal about to the gt. but it also has a thinner neck i think (standard).

but could somebody tell me when the syn signiture is comi out? or if they make an avenger with floyd rose?
Quote by Midnight_spooks
well o don't like the menace just xcasue it says gibson, i justhink it looks nice but now that i think about it he thing is ugle cept the headstock.

and it sonds like your sellin somethin fer jesus wjhen you says it needs me and i need it. weird.

and i fi got the standard i would change the pickups, knobs and maybe tuners. so i tink hat would about equal about to the gt. but it also has a thinner neck i think (standard).

but could somebody tell me when the syn signiture is comi out? or if they make an avenger with floyd rose?

hah sry about the what you called "sellin somethin for jesus" thing. it just sounded funny so i had to say it..

what is the difference between the GT and the Standard? would you have to make modifications to the GT too? and yes the standard does have a thinner neck

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
gt has ebony fretboard standard has rosewood, gt has thicker neck and standard has burst buckers whil gt has the 498t smky coil 490r pickups.

with the gt i would replace the pickups with 500t in the bridge and i think thr 498r or its maching pickup. then get new crome covers unless i can use the priginal ones. and thats it. but could somebody send me pics of the black one. i can't get good pics of it.

the standard i would remove the pickgaurd replace the pickups with the 500t and 498r set. remove the rythem/lead ring. change the knobs to black ones. and maybe the tuners

and with the synyster gates model i would prolly replace the pickups to invaders or emgs depending on what it comes installed with.
heres the pic of the GT

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/LPGTPBCH--Main

i guess with your mods and replacements, both would cost about the same so this is the point where i'd advise you to go try them both side by side and see which one you like better. the only reason i would say to get the standard is the thinner neck, but if youre like me and dont mind the chunky 50's neck, get the GT. i would also get the GT just kuz of the ebony fretboard, which i prefer over anything. but thats my preference, so youll have to try them both and decide for yourself. i am releasing you to make your own decision. do not forget your training, and you will do well, young grasshopper...

yeah

Quote by richwatkinson
well so far the black gt is winning, then i would put in the gibson ceramic humbuckers in. but can i use the origibnal crome covers or do i hav to get new ones?

and could somebody give me an idea how much syns schecter could be? and whens winter namm or what ever its called or some other type odf show where schecter would release more info
Last edited by Midnight_spooks at Jul 8, 2006,
It's out now!!! i want it so frickin bad!!! actually, it's suppose to hit stores in september, but check out schecter.com for all the details about the guitar. it's a kick ass piece of art!! to bad it's frickin expensive
archangel666

Gear:
schecter synyster gates custom
ibanez s-series
fender strat
fender acoustic
next guitar: schecter c-1 hellraiser (black)