Is a 50 watt Marshall JCM a huge step down from the 100?

If I'm buying used... is it a waste to get the 50 or will that be powerful enough?

Is it like, for example, getting a powerful car, if I'm going to spend that much, I may as well get the 100? or will the 50 suffice?
50 watts isn't a step down from 100 at all. You'll most likely never need that much volume. If you don't have enough for the 100 or it's a lot more, don't bother.
If you're depressed because you have a small penis play it safe and get a 100 watt stack. Maybe it'll make up for it.
no, 50's are great too
its just preference
I prefer 100 watts for when I need that extra push over the cliff
It'll be fine, and will be able to be cranked at more reasonalble volumes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah im happy with 50 watts, I've only got a one speaker cab too. It's more than enough to overpower any drummer acoustically
Its always happy here
I've got a 50 and a 100, I prefer the 50 because at stage volume you push the tubes getting better distortion.
the lesser known of the 4
Sweet.

I really don't know much but it sounds like the 50 will be fine. I'll only be playing 100-150 ppl gigs so I don't need to rock an arena out. I just want this to last me for a while so a year or so from now I'm not wanting something else.
I prefer the 50 watts too, because yes you will be able to push the tubes easier than the 100 watt, but you will still have enough volume as you will need for a while.
One thing the 100 will get you is more headroom, but the 50 will be just fine for anything but a large venue.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Gutch220
no, 50's are great too
its just preference
I prefer 100 watts for when I need that extra push over the cliff

Is that when you turn it up to 11?
yes, only 11 can give you that extra push, as all the other amps are on 10.
How about that "you can compensate your genital's by using high wattage amps" thing ??

Which one's better, a JCM 800 2203 (100 WATT RE-ISSUE) through a Marshall Hot Brake
or.. a DSL 50........

Both for classic rock @@!!@@
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^The JCM800, but only because they're better amps for classic rock, nothing to do with wattage.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
My 800 gets a perfect ac/dc and early Led Zep sound easy.
Quote by Roc8995
If you're depressed because you have a small penis play it safe and get a 100 watt stack. Maybe it'll make up for it.

I thought I wouldn't end up doing this during my duration at UG but I cave

BAHAHAHAHAHAH SIGGED