thats a parker headstock. I spose it is possible though. better get destroying and creating
Quote by stoat_toast
isnt that just a sg with a funny head stock?

yes... an sg (i like the shape) and a parker head (i like the shape LOL)

not much of an imagination i know...but i think i could work at it...i jst need some advice on which woods to use, etc
What program did you use to make that picture?

I'm really interested in getting a program to do that sorta thing
Quote by Walkthenight
What program did you use to make that picture?

I'm really interested in getting a program to do that sorta thing

i used Adobe Photoshop CS and JPEG images of a Parker Fly and Gibson SG lol
Haha, so nothing too complicated then?

I was hoping there would be a program out there that would make it easier to draw shapes 'n things like that.... Someone should develop a program like that.... like me :P
Well the SG body is Mahogony and what gives the Parker it's sound is actaully the Pickups and the playability comes from the cut away and the neck
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Parker-Fly-Artist-Guitar?sku=510660

there's the specs for the Parker though but I don't really see why you would want to make a guitar like that as it's lacking what makes each guitar great, but that's just my opinion don't let it stop you

Good luck if you really plan on going through with it
Quote by Walkthenight
Haha, so nothing too complicated then?

I was hoping there would be a program out there that would make it easier to draw shapes 'n things like that.... Someone should develop a program like that.... like me :P

i think there's some CAD/CAM software out there that can do that...if not, go make it

as for the topic at hand... any help on which woods and stuff i could use?
Quote by ifeastonbums

there's the specs for the Parker though but I don't really see why you would want to make a guitar like that as it's lacking what makes each guitar great, but that's just my opinion don't let it stop you

Good luck if you really plan on going through with it

what im basically going to attempt is combine the guitars....the mahogany body of the SG with the set up of the Parker Fly...but in some way make that guitar sound it's own...not necessarily follow the Fly, but more just the shape, with possibly the DiMarzio pickups...
ok...ive got myself a general idea of what i want to do and ive made a list of possible parts and woods:

Body Wood:
Mahogany or cheap alternative
Sitka Spruce

Neck Wood:
Rosewood Fretboard
Basswood Neck

Pickups:
Swineshead Venom Humbuckers (i like the soudn of them)
DiMarzio Humbuckers
EMGs (a last resort possibly)

Bridge:
Tune-o-matic

Machineheads:
???????

any other parts, im open for suggestions...thanks!

EDIT: so ive taken the specs from both guitars! i know, i know....
Last edited by hellview_666 at Jul 8, 2006,
Quote by hellview_666
ok...ive got myself a general idea of what i want to do and ive made a list of possible parts and woods:

Body Wood:
Mahogany or cheap alternative
Sitka Spruce

Neck Wood:
Rosewood Fretboard
Basswood Neck

Pickups:
Swineshead Venom Humbuckers (i like the soudn of them)
DiMarzio Humbuckers
EMGs (a last resort possibly)

Bridge:
Tune-o-matic

Machineheads:
???????

any other parts, im open for suggestions...thanks!

EDIT: so ive taken the specs from both guitars! i know, i know....

spruce is only good for acoustics I believe and basswood is WAY to soft to make a neck out of (edit: I see the Parker reinforce it with some carbon fibre glass epoxy something)

edit2: Parkers are wierd guitars
Last edited by seljer at Jul 8, 2006,
mahogony for body

www.galleryhardwoods.com

you can buy a blank from them for about $65$

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

basswood is too soft, try a maple neck or you can go for a mahogony one....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you wanna be rlly creative *i dont suggest this but just for fun* since you like parkers and sg's

half mahogony and half reinforced sitka spruce...lol
That looks intensely ugly.

Mixing and matching old, classic-looking things and a new, "modern" thing makes it look like a college dorm room.

You'd be better off just building an SG.
itd be just about the ugliest guitar idve ever seen
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
That. Looks. Shiit.

Minus the headstock it would be fine. If your going to be making your own guitar man, make it your own. Own shape, eveyrthing.
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Try turning the headstock upside down, and making the actual part that holds te tuners longer.