Poll: Which Member Contributed most to queen's success?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Member Contributed most to queen's success?
Freddie Mercury
68 79%
Brian May
33 38%
Roger Taylor
8 9%
John Deacon
7 8%
Voters: 86.
Page 1 of 2
I think its gotta be Brian May, writing such songs as We Will Rock, WATC etc, even stratospheric solos!

What do you think?

Post your views here
I lost my faith in the summer time.
Freddie Mercury. He was so unique and he was an incredible showman. Queen wouldnt have got as far as they did without him.
Freddie.
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
Freddie.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
what about their manager, or their fans?
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Well Freddie was very influential in their success, but Brian May's tone helped give them a definitive sound.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by freewheelinbird

Last time I checked the fans and manager aren't members of the band.

Now if it had said "Which person contributed most to their success" then it would make sense
brian may didnt write watc. get your facts straight. also death on two legs is dedicated to their manager before a night at the opera so it isnt him. freddie had some musically input in every single song of theirs but without all 4 of them it would not have been the same therefore i am voting abstain and it is ALL of them.
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Brian May is an excellent guitarist but Freddie was the most important in contributing to Queen's success. He was a natural born performer and one of the best frontmen ever to grace a stage. R.I.P. Freddie Mercury.
i guess i dont really know they all contributed alot to the bands success Freddie obviously was a magnificent musician, Singer and songwriter. Brian was an amazing guitarists one of the people that inspired me to pick one up, plus he's an excellent Songwriter i mean The White Queen is a great example of his songwriting abilities. John Deacon is a great songwriter he wrote one of my favorite Queen songs "Spread your Wings" plus alot more such as "Your my Best Friend" which was a hit and is used for commercials and T.V. Shows. Rodger Taylor may not have been the Best Songwriter of the bunch but his Falsetto is the highest i've ever heard a male go Perfect example is The end of The opera part in Bohemian Rhapsody the High vocal is not Freddie like most people think it is Rodger

So to put it bluntly without all 4 of these members Queen may have never been because they all just connected so well together.
A band can't be immortalized like Queen was by one member. Since this is a poll, I voted for Freddie for being the amazing singer, songwriter and musician he was. He parted way too soon. I also picked Brian May because he's one of my favourite guitarists. His gentle tone, the catchy solos...
i think we have a winner keep the votes coming!
Quote by freewheelinbird

hence the title queen 'member'
Freddie. Easy.

Frontman with soaring vocals helps when you're a band.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
lol anyone think differently to freddie?>
They all contributed a lot. That's the thing with Queen. Say if John Deacon didn't really contribute they would encourage him to show them something he wrote and thats how they got classics like "You're My Best Friend" and " I Want to Break Free". They all contributed.
Quote by TimiHendrex33
Frontman with soaring vocals helps when you're a band.

So do sleek guitar riffs/solo's, smooth bass lines, and catchy drum beats.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Obvisouly Freddie but Brian contributed a lot. John and Roger were a big help, too.
Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
Freddie most definetly, May did a lot for them too, but not nearly as much as Freddie.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Freddie and Brian are the two members that defined the Queen sound... layered vocals and guitars
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
Both Freddie and Brian where of great importance. But, at a push, I would say Freddie as maybe you could have Queen without Brian, but you couldn't have it without Freddie
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
without freddie it is not queen and in my opinion queen would not be around if wasnt for him. BUT since freddie composed most songs, gained popularity, showed how good queen was is the reason brian may and roger taylor are still touring as queen today. without him it is impossible to imagine queen
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Roger Taylor.

It's kinda hard to have a rock band without a drummer. Bands have made it without guitarists, bassists, but without drums? You crazy?
Signature? We don't need no stinkin' signature!
ah - nice to see a change from freddie! what about john!?!
Quote by DireStraits
Roger Taylor.

It's kinda hard to have a rock band without a drummer. Bands have made it without guitarists, bassists, but without drums? You crazy?

A drummer is an essential part of a band, yes. But there's a difference between a piece of the puzzle and contributing to sucess.

But I stand by the fact that they all contributed in their own way, and it's not important about who did the most. What's important is what the band as a whole did that matters
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
hey those high notes in bohemian wouldnt have been the same without roger!
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Do you really think they would have made it if it were not for Freddie?
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
Quote by FreddieMercury
hey those high notes in bohemian wouldnt have been the same without roger!

or any girl sounding high notes! roger was a big part of their singing ability. he added a lot of personality to the band too. each of them did. john wrote the rock anthem ' another one bites the dust' , which is played all the time all over the world. freddie wrote the master piece ' bohemian rhapsody' , brian wrote 'we will rock you', and roger... well, everyone of his songs were great.
:stickpoke It's Alive! AHHHHHHH!!!!
pac-man ate my stash

Founder of ZOSO Jimmy Page Fan Club __PM me to join

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
I think overall, it was both Brian and Freddie. Without Freddie's stunning vocals and showmanship, Queen wouldn't have done as well. But with out Brian's great guitar work, they wouldn't have been one of the biggest bands of all time, John and Roger did contribute to the success, but without those two, there is no way Queen would have had the success they did
Last edited by clapton-floyd at Jul 20, 2006,
"Brian May signature - VOX AC30"
Is that amp any good dude? (no sarcasm intended if that's how it comes across)
Quote by Voldragon
Freddie Mercury. He was so unique and he was an incredible showman. Queen wouldnt have got as far as they did without him.

Exactly, Queen was a great band but Freddie did contribute alot and wrote some great songs.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by clapton-floyd
"Brian May signature - VOX AC30"
Is that amp any good dude? (no sarcasm intended if that's how it comes across)

It would want to sound good seeing as it only has a volume knob and nothing else.

In my mind, John Deacon. Freddie, Brian and Roger all had huge influences, but I'd be willing to bet the songs from Queen that get the most royalties were his, and they're the songs that keep Queen in the minds of the people, rather than just rock fans.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
You have a point. When you think about it... You're My Best Friend, Another Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free... BIG hits.
Quote by DownDark
You have a point. When you think about it... You're My Best Friend, Another Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free... BIG hits.

And just think, every time you hear Your My Best Friend or I want To Break Free in a commercial, not only are Queen making money, but somebdy goes and thinks "maybe I should buy some queen?"

And to top that off, every sporting event plays Another One Bites The Dust, and that practically advertises Queen to the whole world, on top of royalties.

I really think it is John's songs that keep Queen in the minds of people, and that his songs that make people who wouldn't be interested in say Freddie's or Bryan's songs to go out and buy a Queen album.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by DownDark

ummm SPREAD YOUR WINGS haha i love that song one of my favs
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Queen would not have been Queen without all four members. Sure Brian May is a fantastic guitarist and Freddie Mercury is one of the best frontmen ever but John Deacon and Roger Taylor are both awesome on their respective instruments and where Brian May and Freddie Mercury get overrated sometimes, Deacon and Taylor are two of the most underrated musicians of all time IMO.
Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the Moon

All hail Dean
member #15 of the blink 182 sucks club, PM pistols to join
Page 1 of 2