hey im looking 4 a cheap dist pedal. can you reccomend any? i need one that sounds similar to the distortion used on when i come around by green day. thx
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
ha
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
a load of 'badasses' are probably gonna flame you cause green day,apparently, aren't the hip thing to listen to.

but yeah a decent distortion pedal would probably be the Boss DS-1, only about 40 GBP (dunno where you're from) and it sounds great
**** man, don't immitate bands if you do covers do it YOUR WAY nobody wants to hear their records they want to hear something different. and OD pedal should do ask in store.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
How to get a Green Day sound...Master Volume: 0
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Quote by adamk991100

^ Love it haha
...:::The Master Chief :::...
LOL^^^
now that would be great
and
you dont wana get a sound of somebody elses
you should have your own sound
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

On that song Billie uses his Marshall Amp for the distortion, but i would recomend a Boss DS-1 or a Digitech Hot Head.
Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Quote by AsianPirate
poop in your pants. it gets all the girls.

Member of the, "What the **** does this cool smiley mean!?" Society. PM SGRocker0791 to join.
Click Here
try the Danelectro FAB disrtion peddle can get it for about 20 bucks
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
2 those who helped thanks a lot. 2 those who didnt in the slightest: i'm nt trying 2 copy their sound! i liked that sound i thought it wud b a gd starting point 2 make my own! ive been playing guitar 4 about 4 months now! gimme a break!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Here's how to do it BJ's way:

Hire someone else to do it for you.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Quote by FadingRoots

how about giving Biliie Joe a break, he has enough talent to shred but chooses not to

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
Quote by FadingRoots

how about giving Bilie Joe a break, he has enough talent to shred but chooses not to

But it's not about what you can and can't do, its about playing to the best of your ability.

Obviously he doesnt. He lets the other dude do it for him. That's the biggest beef I have with him. I would only mildly dislike him if it werent for the fact that he stands there with a three thousand dollar guitar hanging off his neck and doesnt touch the damn thing.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Quote by FadingRoots
But it's not about what you can and can't do, its about playing to the best of your ability.

Obviously he doesnt. He lets the other dude do it for him. That's the biggest beef I have with him. I would only mildly dislike him if it werent for the fact that he stands there with a three thousand dollar guitar hanging off his neck and doesnt touch the damn thing.

he's a front man he's ment to put on the show while the others do the rest

Quote by mad-axe-man
he's a front man he's ment to put on the show while the others do the rest

oh really, ever heard of anyone by the name of mikeal akerfeldt, dave mustaine, or alexi laiho?
anyways, what amp do you have? because if it's got ok distortion and is tube an od pedal would get you closer to the green day tone than a ds-1.
Quote by ihatepigum
oh really, ever heard of anyone by the name of mikeal akerfeldt, dave mustaine, or alexi laiho?
anyways, what amp do you have? because if it's got ok distortion and is tube an od pedal would get you closer to the green day tone than a ds-1.

yes i have heeard off those guys ass wipe, and i own a spider 2 30 watt version, and if ANYONE bites at me for saying that i like it then tough ****

Quote by adamk991100

That joke has been used way to much. If someone wants the sound, give them the advice to get it, don't give them your opinion on using someones tone. Also, don't flame someone choice of music or the bands skill. Some music requires more skill then others. Who cares if someone listens to someone who, god forbid, doesn't shred. Suck a dick.
Uh, I suggest buying what you think sounds good. And then, like, put your own "spin" on the Green Day songs....Thats what I did, Doesnt sound exactly like them....But, I think mine sounds better!
lol thx every1 most of u hv been rlly helpful

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
About him not playing to his ability, I think it would be hilarious to them do a cover of Battery or Master of Puppets and see Billy do the Solo's and everything lol

That would actually probably sound not that bad
Oh, god, another green Day flaming thread, give it the **** up, it's getting rather old.

Anyways, I rummaged through the Ultimate Settings Thread, and found these for threadstarter.

Billie Joe Armstrong (newer)
Drive: 6
Treble: 10
Mid: 8
Bass: 5
Reverb: 3

Billie Joe Armstrong (older)
Gain:9
Treble:10
Mid:8
Bass:5
Reverb:3

There ya go.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
thats perfect thanks

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Quote by Tezza_Larks
LOL^^^
now that would be great
and
you dont wana get a sound of somebody elses
you should have your own sound

good point, but he might like BJ's sound and use it to compliment his own.

and would the DS-1 work on bass?
Quote by jmac72187
That joke has been used way to much. If someone wants the sound, give them the advice to get it, don't give them your opinion on using someones tone. Also, don't flame someone choice of music or the bands skill. Some music requires more skill then others. Who cares if someone listens to someone who, god forbid, doesn't shred. Suck a dick.

THANK YOU, my thoughts exactly

Word
Get an Marshall MG. Then turn everything up to 10.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
^LOL

Quote by mad-axe-man
how about giving Biliie Joe a break, he has enough talent to shred but chooses not to

God, just 'cause you think somebody is talented doesn't mean he can do everything. It's like saying: "Oh, Kurt Cobain can play faster than Yngwie or Herman Li"
C'mon, don't get carried away
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I find it funny how some people "hate" a band so much that they waste their time going into a thread, typing up a quick response they find witty, and then waiting to see what someone says back.

To all of you who did that in this thread; You're pathetic and a waste of flesh. Let people enjoy other types of music. Just because you may not like something it doesn't mean that you should mock everyone who likes that type of music. I hate metal, but you don't see me going to the metal board and bashing it. Or going into any and every metallica thread and trolling. Grow up and learn to understand that not everyone likes the same type of music.

Topic creator, Billie Joe Armstrong uses a heavily modded Marshall JCM Superlead 100w head for the newer stuff. I don't know what the mods to it are - all I've seen is that it's "heavily modified." His older amp I believe was also a heavily modded Marshall, although I'm not sure of the exact model.

For a distortion pedal, all I can I can suggest is that you go to a guitar store that carries a lot of them and that you try every one possible. Play around with the settings on each. One should be able to get you pretty close to the same sound.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Fine, I'll give him some feedback.
TS: A Marshall tube combo such as a DSL will do
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^That wasn't too hard, now, was it?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Uhhh, maybe??
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
give the guy a break, man. if i asked you what to get to get a frusciante sound you wouldn't flame me. but when it comes to green day it's all "find your own sound".

it is true about him not doing much on his guitar, it's messed up that they don't just hire that other guitarist who's on their shows into the band. that's basically it. you guys put stuff way outa control.

as for "when i come around", it's probably just a good amp and a boss ds-1.
^Why do you need a DS-1 if your amp can handle a good pop punk tone? (just wodering)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^ well you really dont, but the guy wants a pedal. and since the DS-1 is cheap and i know for a fact you can get a decent pop-punk tone from it, its not a bad suggestion. i know i could get a better pop-punk distortion with my DS-1 than i could with my crappy 15w amp when i actually used them. and in fact i still pull out the old DS-1 occasionaly when im playing a pop-punk tune because i feel that i can get the tone i want with it.
But I meant like what if you had a tue Marshall, for example.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
well if you had a tube marshall then you probably wouldnt need it. that said, i still use it with my tube amp for a pop-punk sound occasionally(not a marshall tho). and since the guys only been playing for 4 months, i kinda doubt he has a tube anything. sure its mostly cause i like a darker tone and the DS-1 gives me that brightness that works well for GD, but i think that its always a good pedal to have in your arsenal as a new guitarist.
The pedal needed to sound like greenday is probably a $500 pedal.

If you want to sound better than greenday, use no pedal and no amp.
Thunderchief or BSIAB II, both emulate a cranked Marshall Plexi, which were Billie gets his distortion.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009