Hey guys..

Other than the $100 difference, is there any reason not to get the PodXT live over just the regular podxt? Are there any extra features or different effects that would come with the regular podxt but not live? Right now I have no pedals or effects so I'm considering picking up one of the two.
the podxt live is just set up better to use live, hence the name. the regular podxt would be a pain (and embrassment) to use live. so it depends on ur needs.
Screw 'em! go to your local guitar store and try out EVERYTHING that way u'll know what sounds best!

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
do you want a effects pedal for live or recording, i would go for the XT live coz it can do both very well!!! i used to have it!!! but if you are just going to play live and pratice get the GT-8 if you are set on getting and effects pedal, i would have it over the XT live but 4 recording the XT live wins hands down!!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
yeah!!! i believe so!!! and i would get thhe boss GT-8 anyways!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
So, the only difference between the live and the regular pod is the fact that I would have the ability to easily switch effects and such on the fly using the pedal?

And you guys are saying that the GT-8 has much better effects and amp models, but it lacks the usb output for recording?
yeah, but i wouldnt use the usb output anyways
mic up the amp, sounds better IMO. anyways, i would go for the Boss GT-8 for modeling and effects, trust, i have had both, and boss rules the xt!!!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)