This is my first recorded cover, I just started playing guitar a couple months ago so please be gentle

I used my computer microphone, so it's not the best quality, sorry about that.

Solo is kicking my ass too, so it sucks in the recording.

Any constructive critisim is appreciated.

http://www.twwo-media.com/aicover.mp3
Last edited by ForKix at Jul 8, 2006,
Sorry kid, but Green Day aren't considered 'cool' on UG so you'll probally get flamed if anything for this. Not bad though.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
its good, you just need to work on the strumming a little and its fine
Good for a couple months of guitar. Theres something extra in chords along with the sliding on the main riff sort of thing. Do the vocals eh. It would make it more useful. Solo is good and bad . It sounded precise to the original except for minor things, you seem to know how to mix every instrument well.

But come on, green day? jk
My advice would be not to start yerself off playing guitar with greenday....not bad i think the 3rd chord in the main riff is off
Personally, I thought the recording was pretty good overall. Could use a bit of work with the playing, but still really good for someone just starting. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with playing Green Day. Sure, they're mostly power chords and most of their songs can be learned in a short amount of time, but they're really popular, and hugely successful. So I say, who cares if he starts off playing Green Day. They may be easy songs, and they may teach him to only use power chords (which isn't the best thing to learn, or so I've been told here), but almost everyone will recognize it, and that's what counts when doing a cover. ForKix, awesome job man. Just work out a few kinks, and soon you'll be playin' like the real Green Day.
Thanks for the comments dudes. My friend whos been playing for like almost 5 years told me to start off easy like playing Green Day, Nirvana and Weezer and that's what I'm doing.
yeh i agree, this is pretty damn good for couple months guitar!! plus u got all the layers down cool. drums also sound good hehhehe worked well, sounds ace. would be great if u got some vox in there
Thanks what I did was take my 5W Roland cube amp and put it next to my computer microphone then recorded it all while the backing track was playing. Then opened it up in Goldwave and added some treble and the pop/click reducer to it.

Can't wait till I get the Sound Blaster Notebook card so I can re-do this with line-in quality.
Last edited by ForKix at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by steveclark1212
HAHAHA im not even gunna listen to it cuz its greenday

your a dickhead
ehh, this was okay, but if you're just starting out, it's pretty good..your timing is pretty good, the notes are right, and for a couple of months, you should be satisfied with this because truly it's not too bad for that long. The solo is even good for playing that long.

I can't tell what is backing track and what is not though, but if you mixed all those different guitars and stuff, wow, because that was really awesome for only a couple months.

Honestly, some people need to lighten up a bit..but what can you do. You're doing good so far, just don't spend too much longer on green day, and I think you'll get the respect from people around here.
BUY SOME PHOTOS..Click here, and then click 'store'

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
lol man plz dont take this the wrong way but you really cant rap.
It sounds like your dragging it, make sure your timing is correct. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by steveclark1212

I know eh? The fact that he likes a different kind of music to you is just dispicable.

ROFLOLMAOWTFBBQ!
^ he's been playing for a couple of months, so chances are, he really does only know a few chords
BUY SOME PHOTOS..Click here, and then click 'store'

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
lol man plz dont take this the wrong way but you really cant rap.
not bad. and that other dude's right, the 3rd chord on the verse is wrong. Here's how it goes:

---
---
---
-4-
-4-
-2-
how did you get the drums in the background?i did not hear the vocals so i don't think its the audio track
Last edited by basketcase55 at Jul 19, 2006,
It's a backing track. Just mixed together using the computer's microphone.

I did this in MUCH better quality if anyone wants to check it out. My timing/strumming is a little off but I'm not gonna be bothered with it anymore. Still no vocals, they are coming later.

http://www.twwo-media.com/aicover2.mp3

Recoil: I practice about 2-3 hours a day, working on chords and scales one day then songs the next.

Dashboard: I know pretty much all the major chords right now.
how do you get the backing track i been playing fro about 5 monthes and started recording about 2 weeks ago so don't know much about the clicking track or backtrack what ever there called
Quote by steveclark1212

that is my ****ing pet peeve when people crit the band instead of the recording, no gives a flying **** if you dont like the band, hes new to guitar and asking how hes doing you **** slap

i think it sounds pretty damn good for a couple months, and i agree to start simple for one reason, it keeps you interested whenn you hear yourself recreate something, you want to keep going. So good for you, and rock on
Quote by steveclark1212
Die. Die a horrible, painfull death. You ****ing idiot.
These go to eleven...