Hey
I have had this Schecter C-1 elite for about 6 months now, and i just got an offer from guitar center to upgrade my guitar. i paid 600 for the guitar and they said they'd give me 500 for it. So my question is to you, should i go for it? And if i should, should i get a Les Paul studio, or an Explorer?
depends, if you have a schecter im assuming you play heavier stuff, correct? the Les Paul would be better for heavier stuff than the explorer would. tell us what kind of music/tone youre looking for and it will be easier to help
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Alright, well i do play some hard stuff, but, now as im getting older, i have found i like the plain rock or classic rock, i do like hard rock, but not metal really
explorers are badass dude
hey eric clapton used one so try it out
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
I've never played an explorer but i own a Gibson LP studio and it is the sweetest sounding guitar i have ever played. period. I'm also a previous schecter owner and i was thinking about getting the c-1 elite but after playing the LP i changed my mind.. it really depends on what type of music you're into though.. the LP isn't that great for shred/metal playability but otherwise the tone is beyond sick for most genres
i played the explorer at gc and its sick. I'd get the explorer because it sounds great and everyone has a lp.
Quote by SystemLz4life
Alright, well i do play some hard stuff, but, now as im getting older, i have found i like the plain rock or classic rock, i do like hard rock, but not metal really

i'd definitely go with the les paul then. its way more versatile than the Explorer. i play all sorts of music with my les paul. it can go as clean as you need it and as heavy as you need it. i play hard rock and soft rock and metal, so pretty much whatever you want to play, youll be able to play

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I own one of each, the one major difference that I would point out is, the upper fret access is better on the Explorer. I don't think you could go wrong either way.
One question. Why get rid of the Schecter? I've played one before, its an awesome guitar!