ok the wah i have on my Digitech RP300A doesnt have quite the right tone. it just doesnt get that full, clear "wah" sound that i want to get. the only way i can get a full, clear wah on all frets is if i turn the treble and mids way up and the bass way down. i want to be able to get a clear wah with heavier tones. also, might it be the fact that i use overdrive instead of distortion?

i guess my question is: is this problem because of my amp/effects settings, the fact that I have overdrive and not distortion, or should i simple get a nicer wah to add to my setup?

i play a Gibby LP custom through a Fender Stage 1000 amp.. any suggestions?

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
how can I tell?^^^

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
what!!!! you put wah connected directly from the guitar, then the other effects, then into the amp
guitar--->wah--->distortion---->modulations---->amp
isnt that how it goes?
well anyways, i bought a Ibanez Weeping Demon today, and its the most amazing wah ive ever played
i tried an original crybaby, and it sucked **** compared to this
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
what!!!! you put wah connected directly from the guitar, then the other effects, then into the amp
guitar--->wah--->distortion---->modulations---->amp
isnt that how it goes?
well anyways, i bought a Ibanez Weeping Demon today, and its the most amazing wah ive ever played
i tried an original crybaby, and it sucked **** compared to this

dude my thing is a multi FX unit so idk how to set up which ones first

Quote by richwatkinson
oh...actually i was talking to dustin....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
step one.

go through your gear and throw out any thing that says digitech on it.

step two.

buy a new wah

step three.

thank me

Adam
Quote by adammarshall409
step one.

Adam

Yeah, cause Whammys and Space Stations suck. Dumbass.

Alright, boosting your mids and treble while rolling back the bass will give you a better tone, as mids determine how fat your sound is. Your ear is just developing.
Quote by adammarshall409
step one.

thank me

Adam

just..... just die....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by MastaBassist10
Yeah, cause Whammys and Space Stations suck. Dumbass.

Alright, boosting your mids and treble while rolling back the bass will give you a better tone, as mids determine how fat your sound is. Your ear is just developing.

yeah i got that, now i need to know how to get a good wah with a heavier and a little bassier tone, like metallica for example.

and 3 other questions:
1.does it matter whether i use overdrive or distortion
2. will my wah sound better if i get a distortion pedal
3. will i get a fuller wah if i get a crybaby, or is it just settings i have to mess with

any input is appreciated

Quote by richwatkinson
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
yeah i got that, now i need to know how to get a good wah with a heavier and a little bassier tone, like metallica for example.

and 3 other questions:
1.does it matter whether i use overdrive or distortion
2. will my wah sound better if i get a distortion pedal
3. will i get a fuller wah if i get a crybaby, or is it just settings i have to mess with

any input is appreciated

The best wah for your value is the Ibanez Weeping Demon.
Dude wants to tweak what he's got not everyone telling him to buy something else. I don't know the answer - my bud has a Digitech 300 and he records some great stuff with it... I have a Zoom G2 and want one with a pedal now.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
actually im asking which i need to do, tweak my setup or buy a new wah

EDIT: i still need help so if this thread can keep going id greatly appreciate it, especially if u can answer the 3 questions i posted earlier

Quote by richwatkinson
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jul 9, 2006,
1. no, overdrive and distortion affect your clean tone, not your wah. yeah itll sound different but thats because youre using two different types of distortion
2. depends on your amp and the distortion pedal. if youve got a ****ty amp or a ****ty distortion pedal, itll kill the tone
3. well the digitech is a digital pedal, plus its a multi-effects processor, meaning the tone can be rather artificial and thin sounding. if you want to real true sound, you gotta get the real true gear.
Quote by lp_dude_2
1. no, overdrive and distortion affect your clean tone, not your wah. yeah itll sound different but thats because youre using two different types of distortion
2. depends on your amp and the distortion pedal. if youve got a ****ty amp or a ****ty distortion pedal, itll kill the tone
3. well the digitech is a digital pedal, plus its a multi-effects processor, meaning the tone can be rather artificial and thin sounding. if you want to real true sound, you gotta get the real true gear.

AH! thin and artificial.. thats exactly how it sounds.. looks like ill be getting a new wah

much appreciated

ok now, new question.. Weeping Demon or Crybaby?

Quote by richwatkinson
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
AH! thin and artificial.. thats exactly how it sounds.. looks like ill be getting a new wah

much appreciated

ok now, new question.. Weeping Demon or Crybaby?

yeah thats the problem with my digitech pedals, theyre just too thin for my taste now. thats why im getting a tube amp soon. now, about the weeping demon or the crybaby, first off, you gotta remember, there is only one weeping demon but theyre are a lot of crybaby. youve got the signautre ones, jimi hendrix, zakk wylde, dimebag, slash, then youve got the other ones, the classic, the CQB-95(i think the frist three letters are wrong) the orginal, the 535Q(which is what i have ), so on an so fourth. the weeping demon is a good wah, very versitial. same with the 535Q, it just comes down to personal preference. ive got friends that play the same style of music as me and they perfer the weeping demon, where as others like the crybabys, its up to you man. obsivially, i suggest the 535Q.
anyone ever used the slash wah? i might try to find a used one if i can

Quote by richwatkinson
I have the Weeping Demon, i love it to death, the True Bypass on it really shows.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45