Page 1 of 2
how often do you guys get a new guitar? do you wait a few years or is that just me. cause a few of my friends think that if they break it and get a new one like every month it makes them better if they get a new guitar. so how long?
I waited until a year to get my second and current guitar. That's fulking lame, getting a new guitar every month...
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
When ever my current one phails and dies.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I've had my Explorer about 5 months. I'm thinking of getting a Jagmaster soon...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
yes! thats what i thought too! anyone else? ya the kid that does that has gone thru like 3 in about 4 months cause he says he breaks something fixable when he gets sick of it and gets another one as long as its under warranty, how gay
ive been playing for a year and like i want new gear. but unfortunatly have very few dollars like ten.
been playing three years and i got four guitars-gibson sg special faded,fender standard stratocaster,gibson les paul junior and jackson js30-the sg and the strat are my main guitars i got the jr. for like 300 so it was a good deal so i decided to take it.i got the dinky for metal and the liscened floyd rose though i think four guitars is to much and i might get rid of one but i cant part with them...
i got my second guitar a year and a half after i got my first. so id say every few years, id update my guitars.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by twistedsister
holy ****! where?

Yea, I'm all union and I only pull in like $175 a week!
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
restaurant/prep cook/busser and wait 200 every 2 weeks whihc is like 40 hours and 4 days a week at 5 hrs or so a day my mistake
get new guitars/gear on any holiday where gifts are exchanged. and keep all your old guitars so you can tell people how long ago you used that guitar, and it makes you seem more wise and skillfull.
one or twice a year i get a new guitar. I keep all of mine and try to play them all at least one a week.
my blog gameruber.blogspot.com
Member #6 of ''Beatlemania is NOT Phony''
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
oh brilliant..ive learnt something new thanks man!
I got my second and current guitar 6 months after playing a ****ty hand-me-down. At the moment I'm focusing on getting amps and such, but when that's settled and I have money, I'd say 6 months to a year.
I was 8 months between my first guitar and my Firebird (current guitar). Probably won't get another one unless I need it for something the Firebird can't do (Ie, I need a trem system). Really, after the first one, I'd say never again lol. I bought the 1 guitar I wanted when I started as my second guitar. Maybe in a few years I may need some sort of trem system, or single coils, or a hollowbody, but really if you buy what you want as soon as possible, you don't need a new guitar every year or two. Also, keep old guitars, you never know when they will come in handy.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
I've been playing for 3 years. I got a entirely **** classical guitar for free for my first year, then I bought a Squier :S which I've been slowly deconstructing since.

Its mainly a thing of having no money and thinking that I suck (eg: I'm not getting myself any new guitar until I can do the Steve Vai stuff )
Well, I'm 18, but decided to get my CCNA certification before moving away for college. Get this: I start training the first year at a salary of $45,000. Then I get my CCNP. I will be making 6 figures by the time I am a junior in college. Eat that. So yeah, I buy equipment all the time.

Which leads me to this: get an education. McDonalds can only get you so far and so fat.

But on topic, I get a new guitar each summer, spend more each time, my next guitar will be a jackson sl1 soloist custom shop, and I buy new amps like every 6 months, plus effects, ect. I play religiously though, so it's okay for me to be a gear *****. Plus no social life.

And for you people who want money, I believe mcdonalds starts hiring at 15, but at a low wage (near minimum).
every year,but i'm due a new amp so ...
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
I just got into it a few months ago, and have already upgraded to my new guitar. I sold basicly everything of value that I own (except my computer) and got $700 for it all on ebay. My new LTD Mh-400 feels like a BMW compared to my squier strat, which in contrast feels like a Beaten up Hyundai. I am definetely progressing more every day with the MH-400.
I've got two electrics, two acoustics, and a bass. The gap between buying each was about a year, except between the first and second it was two. Usually, it's whenever I can afford something that I think's worth the money. Otherwise, I'll just keep saving up. I'm a very practical kind of guy. There's no use in throwing my money away because I desperately need a new guitar or amp. I'll just play one of my others until I can afford one that kicks hard ass, so I don't have to worry about price limits being 400 bucks or some ****. I just got myself a job, though, so I'll probably be getting one in around four months if things go off without a hitch. I like to save up big chunks of my paycheck, as opposed to being a NORMAL teenager and blowing it all on stupid ****.
You're right. We save it all up to blow it on more expensive stuff. I get that from my family and friends all the time.
there is no time-limit, i feel you have to get a new guitar when your current one is pretty crappy, or you want a new sound/different genre, or you "outgrown" your guitar.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
I waited more than a year. I was playing my Squier then upgraded to an epiphone. Since i'm quiet satisfied with my epi. and I can't seem to find a job at my age. I'll probably wait 3 years or more or until i'm really good at guitar. Then i'm getting a Gibson.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I get a new guitar every two years. At least, that how long it was from my first to my second. I have no job though so I may not be getting another one for a long time.
Got my second guitar (acoustic) just less than a year after I got my first (electric), and haven't bought one since (over two years).
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Well, I'm 18, but decided to get my CCNA certification before moving away for college. Get this: I start training the first year at a salary of $45,000. Then I get my CCNP. I will be making 6 figures by the time I am a junior in college. Eat that. So yeah, I buy equipment all the time.

Which leads me to this: get an education. McDonalds can only get you so far and so fat.

But on topic, I get a new guitar each summer, spend more each time, my next guitar will be a jackson sl1 soloist custom shop, and I buy new amps like every 6 months, plus effects, ect. I play religiously though, so it's okay for me to be a gear *****. Plus no social life.

And for you people who want money, I believe mcdonalds starts hiring at 15, but at a low wage (near minimum).

The thing about getting an education is obvious, but some people can't always make that much money while in school. I'm 17 and I work at McDonalds.
I've only got 1 guitar atm, but I'm saving up for my second, abd I should have enough by December, which will be 2 years after me first. Unless anyone has any good tips for getting more money, seeing as I get £20 every now and then from sitting around playing GTA (also known as babysitting)
You could ***** yourself out to one-hundred fat chicks for $1000 a piece.

Or 100 REALLY fat chicks for $10,000 a piece.

But if you are into computers at all, there are about a million certifications you can obtain with some knowledge. A+ certs are easy, and around here in the middle of nowhere, comp techs like that get paid around $50 an hour.
I get like $90 a week. So its gonna be a while before I have enough to buy a guitar. Which I want really really bad. I'm gonna ask for a raise...from 6.90/hr to like $9/hr....this low pay bs I've had enough of it!!! I still have to pay my parents 900 dollars back for helping me buy my car and I want a new guitar because Ive had a ****ing ibanez gio for like 3 YEARS now....

I work at a super market pushing carts and Im 16...just for the record. But I want more pay...I get like 16 hours a week because they have to split the hours between like 6 other jackasses who don't do work. Like they have a 90 year old mental handicap working there...he doesnt do a god damn thing! I was pushing 14 carts once and he was just standing around in the shade and it was 95 degrees out and I was drenched with sweat!!! Then I asked him why isnt he doing work theres a million carts out and he said 'i have a bad knee' ok well then why is he still working!?!... then he scratched his head and went inside to bag groceries. and I have yet to break 100 dollars on a paycheck on this job...its friggin BS!! Im about to quit
Last edited by OpposingForce at Jul 15, 2006,
I got a beginner set christmas three years ago, bought my SG the summer after that and I haven't switched since. I'm trying to get money to get a Firebird though.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
yes! thats what i thought too! anyone else? ya the kid that does that has gone thru like 3 in about 4 months cause he says he breaks something fixable when he gets sick of it and gets another one as long as its under warranty, how gay

he probley keeps on buyting squiers
normally every year i get a new one. but i dont keep all of them i trade in the one that i like the least toward my new one. im thinking about trading in my martin acoustic
Im buying my second guitar soon, its been 7-8 months since my first one.. But i've just bought a 2,000 dollar amp as well, so i guess that can count as two mid range guitars lol.. so 4 guitars in 7-8 months lol...
Page 1 of 2