Good or bad amp? I play metal/classic rock, but also becoming more of just a soloist, like a Joe Satch kind of style. I'm comparing this to a Behringer LX112, both of which are pretty much my max budget [around $450]. Is getting the one tube in the Vox worth it, considering the increased number of models/cabs/effects in the LX112?
good amp. and behringers suck
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
If I was you, I'd put my flame-retardant suit on...
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
yea, im on the edge, do I drop less cash on an ad50vt for $360, or go the valveking way (with buying a wah, MXR KFK 10 Band EQ, and MXR ZW-44) ~$720
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Can't use online stores except for LAMusic, since I'm in Canada so its $450 for the AD50

EDIT: Found out that the Valveking is in the same price range, so what effects are on this? Does it do amp modeling? Any other amps similar to this one?
I play calssic rock/blues and sometimes metal and i love my vox AD amp
my blog gameruber.blogspot.com
Member #6 of ''Beatlemania is NOT Phony''
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
oh brilliant..ive learnt something new thanks man!
Last edited by FunFuBarMan at Jul 8, 2006,
behringers sound ok but you'd break the knobs within like a day LOL
voxs sound good i've got a ad30vt lieing about, for metal it sounds best boosted with a boss sd-1 but it sounds amazing after that for metal. All the other sounds are great too
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Pulling Teeth
Can't use online stores except for LAMusic, since I'm in Canada so its $450 for the AD50

EDIT: Found out that the Valveking is in the same price range, so what effects are on this? Does it do amp modeling? Any other amps similar to this one?

no it is tube so no modeling. You get the REAL sound. I'm debating which one to get still, Ad50vt or valveking. Oh by the way the ad50vt is the only one with celestions if that matters.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!